• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall Co SO

Description

NOTICE OF CIVIL SERVICE ENTRANCE

EXAMINATION FOR DEPUTY SHERIFF,

MARSHALL COUNTY, IOWA

A Civil Service Entrance examination for Deputy Sheriff will be given on Saturday, May 14th, 2011 beginning at 9:00a.m. at the Marshalltown High School Roundhouse, 1602 S. 2d Ave., Marshalltown, Iowa.

The physical endurance test will be given at 9:00a.m. Only those applicants passing the physical endurance test will continue on to the written exam at 1:30p.m. at the Marshall County Sheriff’s Office, 2369 Jessup Ave., Marshalltown. Upon being hired and employed one year, Iowa certified candidates will receive a $3,000.00 employee bonus incentive and non certified candidates will receive a $1000.00 employee bonus incentive.

Applications are available in the Marshall County Auditor’s Office at the Courthouse in Marshalltown, and at the Sheriff’s Office. The application may also be obtained at www.marshallcountysheriff.com The completed packet must be submitted to the Sheriff’s Office by 5:00p.m. April 29th, 2011, or postmarked by April 28th, 2011.

The Marshall County Sheriff’s Office is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer.

Applicants must be able to meet all minimum standards for acceptance into the Iowa Law Enforcement Academy, except they must be 19 years of age to take the test, and 21 years of age to be appointed as a Deputy Sheriff. Lateral transfer is allowed for applicants who are currently Iowa certified peace officers in good standing.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

A little more on this, I talked to one of their deputies a few days ago and he wanted me to spread the word. Marshall CO is CLEA certified, and their sheriff is VERY highly respected. They have very nice equipment, and get paid pretty good. For this area of Iowa, their SO is pretty large as far as the number of deputies. They also have a very nice jail (I think Johnson county even contracts with them to house inmates sometimes).

They will be making "a list" from this hiring process that they will use for the next 2 years. They are hiring at least one pretty soon, possibly another by the end of 2011. They have 2 other guys that can retire at any time, and will probably retire in 2012, so they will hire 1 or 2 more off the list in 2012. So, if you're looking to get into LE but maybe not til next year, apply and get on the list for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by 86-43 View Post
      A little more on this, I talked to one of their deputies a few days ago and he wanted me to spread the word. Marshall CO is CLEA certified, and their sheriff is VERY highly respected. They have very nice equipment, and get paid pretty good. For this area of Iowa, their SO is pretty large as far as the number of deputies. They also have a very nice jail (I think Johnson county even contracts with them to house inmates sometimes).

They will be making "a list" from this hiring process that they will use for the next 2 years. They are hiring at least one pretty soon, possibly another by the end of 2011. They have 2 other guys that can retire at any time, and will probably retire in 2012, so they will hire 1 or 2 more off the list in 2012. So, if you're looking to get into LE but maybe not til next year, apply and get on the list for next year.
      Not sure how much experience you have with CALEA, but that in and of itself would be enough to make me look elsewhere. Besides that, it is a great department.

Comment

Well, I can post the deputy's comments about their departments relationship with their CALEA certification, but I won't do it on a public forum, people can PM me if they want to hear about that.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6690 users online. 351 members and 6339 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X