Presented by Iowa Region 1 Homeland Security Board

Iowa Region 1

Homeland Security Board Presents

Lt. Colonel Dave Grossman

With

Safe Schools and Healthy Students

June 7 2011: 9 AM – 4 PM: Gateway Conference Center

2100 Greenhills Drive, Ames Iowa 50014

*There is NO COST to attend this event, lunch will be provided, Registration Required*

Register Early for this Popular Presentation!

Double Brace: Who Should Attend: Emergency Response School Administrators Teachers Law Enforcement Fire Public Health/Hospitals Emergency ManagementAbout the Speaker:

Dave Grossman, Lt. Colonel, U.S. Army (ret.) is one of the world’s foremost experts & speakers on the psychology of conflict. Colonel Grossman is a former West Point Psychology Professor, Army Ranger & a Pulitzer nominated author. Grossman’s works include: On Killing (Pulitzer nominated), Stop Teaching Our Kids to Kill, & On Combat. Col. Grossman has written numerous encyclopedia entries as well as an entry in The Oxford Companion to American Military History. Grossman has presented papers to the AMA, the American Academy of Pediatrics & the American Psychological Association. Col. Grossman co-authored an entry on active shooter terrorism response in the Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy. Col. Grossman & his research have been cited by the President in a national address & he was called as an expert witness & consultant in the Timothy McVeigh, Oklahoma City bombing case & the Paducah school shooting case. Grossman has testified before the United States Senate & House committees along with eight different state legislatures. Col. Grossman is an airborne Ranger infantry officer & a prior-service sergeant & paratrooper with over 23 years of experience in leading U.S. soldiers worldwide. Grossman retired from the Army in Feb 1998 & has devoted himself to teaching, writing, speaking and research. Today, Col. Grossman is the director of the Killology Research Group & in the wake of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, is on the road almost 300 days a year training elite military & law enforcement organizations worldwide about the reality of combat. For more information visit: www.killology.com

Contact Person for Event:

Liz Manion, [email protected] Region One

Office 515 382-2779 Homeland Security Board - Iowa

Fax 515 382-7221

REGISTRATION FORM

Lt. Colonel Dave Grossman

Safe Schools and Healthy Students

June 7 2011: 9 AM – 4 PM: Gateway Conference Center

2100 Greenhills Drive, Ames Iowa 50014

Complete this form and FAX TO: 515.382.7221 OR EMAIL TO: [email protected] OR
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

I wish I lived closer to Iowa. I have great respect for the Colonel. It should be an excellent presentation.

Comment

Just sent the Chief a text. I would love to see him again.

Comment

I wish I was closer to Iowa that week. I have great respect for the Colonel. It should be an excellent presentation.
        Had to modify it a tad but I agree with you 100%
        MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

I saw a lecture/seminar of his 10 years ago while working for the Orange County Corrections Department in Orlando FL. He is an amazing individual and the seminar was great. Do what you can to attend. He also has a few books out as well.

Comment

I went to that class about 2 years ago in Grand Island. Great class. Get an autographed book at the end. Nice guy. Also, when he starts talking about the warrior and the "sheepdog" and the school violence things as it relates to law enforcement it is cool to watch the more "liberal" teachers and school admin people get a little "uncomfortable". Take care.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2597 users online. 127 members and 2470 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X