Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anamosa PD Opening

I found this posting on the ILEA Facebook page

Now hiring...Anamosa Police Department. County seat of Jones Co, approx 25mi from Cedar Rapids. Applications available by calling (319)462-4434 or visit the web at www.anamosa-iowa.org
    Spread the word we need good officers! Thanks
    October 16 at 2:02pm · Comment · Like / Unlike · Report

The Anamosa PD website http://www.anamosa-iowa.org/police.php?pageid=44 states they are accepting applications until Nov 4.
    My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Thanks for the heads up...I"ll be applying

Comment

Hey Kornblaster=================

The Chief is an ex trooper that got laid off back in 2001 or so.!!!!!!!

He might have a soft spot in his heart for you.

Oh yea, I forgot that Troopers don't have hearts!

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
        Hey Kornblaster=================

The Chief is an ex trooper that got laid off back in 2001 or so.!!!!!!!

He might have a soft spot in his heart for you.

Oh yea, I forgot that Troopers don't have hearts!
        Matt is a good guy. IMO He’s the best thing to happen to APD in years. He was never actually laid off to my knowledge. I believe he left the ISP to go another state department out east. I want to say New Hampshire. (this explains his accent) Like most people he couldn’t stay away from God’s country in Anamosa and he tried to come back to ISP but the logistics didn't work out during the hiring freeze from 00-04 so he took an officer spot with APD and now he is the chief.

In the last few years APD has become a good department but it appears they have a lot of turnover. Other than the Chief and the sergeant the most senior officer has about 2-3 years on and it’s a 4 year contract department.

Ill be tossing my name in the hat as well.

Its not that Troopers don’t have hearts it’s just that they’re frozen encased in steel and wrapped in barbed wire during the academy.
        What have you done for the State of Iowa today?

- My SGT

Comment

Originally posted by Kornblaster View Post
          Matt is a good guy. IMO He’s the best thing to happen to APD in years. He was never actually laid off to my knowledge. I believe he left the ISP to go another state department out east. I want to say New Hampshire. (this explains his accent) Like most people he couldn’t stay away from God’s country in Anamosa and he tried to come back to ISP but the logistics didn't work out during the hiring freeze from 00-04 so he took an officer spot with APD and now he is the chief.

In the last few years APD has become a good department but it appears they have a lot of turnover. Other than the Chief and the sergeant the most senior officer has about 2-3 years on and it’s a 4 year contract department.

Ill be tossing my name in the hat as well.

Its not that Troopers don’t have hearts it’s just that they’re frozen encased in steel and wrapped in barbed wire during the academy.
          I recall the situation quite well. Yea NH.....that is where he came from originally. He was hired by APD as a temporary (1 yr maximum) full time officer while waiting to be recalled by ISP. Something happened----internally with him and ISP---- and he became permanent full time.....then chief when Dick retired.

Lots of turnover....................I had that one explained to me by someone who knows........................at least his take on it. Explaining it would reveal my source and I can't break that confidence.

I think you and him would get along just fine due to the DPS connection.

Good luck.

I saw the register had an article (with photos) about you and your colleagues. The state patrol officers featured both said they think their jobs are toast.
          Last edited by Iowa #1603; 10-28-2009, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Hmmmm.....

Comment

Originally posted by 86-43 View Post
              Hmmmm.....
              Yesssssssssssssss??????????

Nice arrest by the way!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2027 users online. 137 members and 1890 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X