Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's hiring..anybody anywhere...

Help a brother out!!!!

Laurens is hiring one right away and hopefully two if I can get on somewhere else!

Originally posted by lcpdwannabe View Post
    Help a brother out!!!!

Laurens is hiring one right away and hopefully two if I can get on somewhere else!

Sounds like things getting bad in the L town.................................

I can't even give you a clue-----------------------10% state budget cut......................We couldn't even hire you.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

10% is no joke I'm gonna feel lucky if I keep my job.
      What have you done for the State of Iowa today?

- My SGT

Comment

Originally posted by Kornblaster View Post
        I understand brother--------------------that is the deepest cut I have seen in all the years I have been around.

I'll maybe find out more when I get to work tonight..........................it's going to be nasty
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

I saw this on the register... The "Big Lug" said he would try and spare public safety as much as possible.... but we are broke as a joke . You should have an academy or two behind you that they'd axe first if it came to that right korn?

Comment

Originally posted by lewy15 View Post
            I saw this on the register... The "Big Lug" said he would try and spare public safety as much as possible.... but we are broke as a joke . You should have an academy or two behind you that they'd axe first if it came to that right korn?
            I got about 17 below me.

My somewhat educated guess is
            We will cut part time and civilian positions first. We don't have a lot of those but there is some fat to trim.

We have a Lt and a post secretary about to retire and they will probably dissolve the post and split up the area and remaining troops into the surrounding posts. Its my understanding the post was ready to be replaced before too long anyway.

In HQ their is a Capt. who is going to retire in the next few months and I cant imagine their going to promote anyone to fill that spot.

Troopers will be on stationary patrol to save gas so please let everyone know if they wreck they need to do it in a convenient location near a State Trooper. (Notice I said near not into very important detail)

Currently we are pursuing CALEA accreditation which is mandated by legislature We can save a little $$$ if legislature allows the DPS to suspend the process (doubtful).

Their is also whisperings of the communications centers being reduced and having only 1 or 2 open overnights if the technology will allow for it.

Most if not all of the civilian and sworn personnel will be looking at furloughs. If that doesn't cut it badges will fall. This includes both Agents and Troopers.
            We might loose a few and get some back come legislative session. As always retirements will continue as those go on I hope those who were let go get a spot back.

Maybe legislature will give us some of the 8.8mil back but session has to get going in Jan and until then all we know is that we are getting cut 10%.

Once again this is just my guess none of this was given to me by anyone with rank (even if i think I'm in charge sometimes).

- My SGT

Comment

Furloughs are not on the table for Correctons.........AFSCME got furlough language cut out of the contract two years ago--------its layoffs or nothing

Comment

I've heard that District 5's top tier of counties will go to District 6 and the bottom tier is going to 7. The troops up here said that Storm Lake state closes at 0000hrs? and they run all their traffic from Des Moines state after that. There is alot of fat to be cut in state goverment... but I don't think it should be cut from DPS or DOC as much as some other departments...

Comment

I think DOC and DPS are already cut to the bone. I Cant imagine how the DOC can make up 40mil. Im guessing they sell the farms and lester heights will go. Can you sell inmates for manual labor?

- My SGT

Comment

I think DOC and DPS are already cut to the bone. I Cant imagine how the DOC can make up 40mil. Im guessing they sell the farms and lester heights will go. Can you sell inmates for manual labor?

Actually the farms are mostly cash rented or share cropped so they MAKE money for the state!

Farm #1 at Ft Madison is the site for the "new" Ft Madison prison...........they aren't going to sell that one.

Luster Heights has budget of about 1.2 million (under ASP's 30 million buget) and could make up almost half of our 3 million cut----------------BUT everytime we try to close it the citizen's of Clayton & Allamakee Counties get their legislators involved--------and $$$$ is allocated to keep it open. Marquette, MacGreggor & Guttenburg get a lot of free labor from the LH inmates as does the Iowa DNR working in the Yellow River Forest.

The Iowa BOARD of Corrections met at Luster Heights a couple weeks ago as a regular rotation of meetings at DOC facilities. The board members just got a current peek at that cash cow................all 50 inmate strong.

An email from the warden yesterday basically stated the every option is on the table at this time. (I heard from a reliable source that the warden looked shell shocked and stunned when they saw him shortly after the Governor's speech)

A bit over 3 million roughs out to approximately 45 FTE's. There is no way in hell that we can operate (as we do now) with that staffing level.
                    We would have to lock down 1800-0700 and run 10 hr staggered shifts with a "fire watch" staffing from 1900-to 0700.

I could see a small institution like Rockwell City (400 inmates-$900,000 budget) closing which would devastate the economy in Calhoun County. They probably are the shortest staff institution of any in the DOC------I can't imagine them cutting anymore SAFELY.

None of the institutions are fat with staff (IMCC Oakdale might be the only one with adequate plus staffing----right now they get anything they want).

I can only hope that the legislature approves an early retirement buyout...........so I can flee the sinking ship. I have spent the last 10 yrs trying to "proudly do more with less"(Culver's new catch phrase) and my entire soul is weary of fighting the budget and trying to fill a roster.

Comment

Emmet County Sheriff's Office is hiring one, maybe two deputies. I think the sheriff said they are accepting applications until the 7th of Nov? Pay is like 20-22 dollars an hour.

Comment

Indianola PD is hiring. Their pay is not bad. Not sure exactly how many they are going to hire, but I would guess maybe a couple.

Comment

Sounds like the cop job pool is getting deep. About 100 state certified officers are going to be back on the job market.

- My SGT

Comment

http://search.desmoinesregister.com/...+moines+budget

Thats not going to help either.

- My SGT

Comment

I saw Meyer's news release today----------that 100 is if the rest agree to furloughs
                              169 if they don't do furloughs.
                              OUCH !

This makes the layoffs of the 1990's pretty lame. Our Police Chief was riffed by ISP back then-----------got hired on the local PD then named chief a few years ago.

Good Luck Korn--------------------you are going to need it.............

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4278 users online. 249 members and 4029 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X