Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Council Bluffs PD and Pottawattamie County SO?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Council Bluffs PD and Pottawattamie County SO?

I'm a former resident of Council Bluffs, haven't lived there since 2002. Does anybody here work for Council Bluffs PD or the county? What are the departments like now, and what is their hiring process like?

CBPD has a pretty good website

http://police.councilbluffs-ia.gov/

PCSO ----not so much
    http://www.pottcounty.com/html/Sheriff_Overview.asp

CBPD has always been known as a top notch dept
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

The only thing that sucks about CBPD's site is the lack of employment information.

What do PCSO's cruisers look like? Do they still have the white shirt/green pants uniform?

Comment

Originally posted by Jester9 View Post
        The only thing that sucks about CBPD's site is the lack of employment information.

What do PCSO's cruisers look like? Do they still have the white shirt/green pants uniform?
        White with gold stripe/star just like all 98 other Iowa counties......
        actually its a "tan" shirt /green pants-----once again just like all Iowa countiy SO's-------

Although I have an old buddy on the PD---I never applied there, so I can't help with the process......
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

We just hired 5 who are in the academy now. We still need 5 more. Call our CBPD Training and the Sgt can provide you with the testing information you seek...712-366-2172

Our strength was just raised by the City Council. With retirements and promotions, we were short 10 until the last hiring.

Pay starts at $39,700 and tops out at $58,000 in 6 yrs.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys.

Comment

I was specifically interested in finding out more about the Pottawattamie County Sheriff's Reserves. I have heard a little about the unit, and they have a reputation of being well organized and active.

I was wondering if anyone on here could shed some further light upon the PCSD Reserve Deputies. Do you have to live in Pottawattamie County, what kind of training are you able to receive, what kind of equipment are you responsible to purchase, and so on...?

Thanks
              -"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children will have peace." - Thomas Paine

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6588 users online. 357 members and 6231 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X