300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So who left at the ILEA..

I see they have an opening at the "real" academy ...

Who left???

https://sjobs.brassring.com/1033/ASP...BR&Codes=IAJOB

I think the last class was Van Wyk's last. At least that is what one of the LC deputies told me a couple weeks ago.........
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

That's a big 10-4, we were Van Wyk's last class. Ciechanowsky made mention of leaving soon also, but that spot open is for Van Wyk.

Comment

I think the morale with the staff isn't very good!!

Comment

Its been a hundred yrs since I was down there----but from what I hear inside the Iowa government------very few people can get along with Penny.

In ANY of the jobs she has held in the last 15 yrs-----

I understand she is trying to take over training for the DOC----not that ILEA training wouldn't be good for the department-----but--------
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

That's a very true statement from the things we 'heard' from 'people' while we were at the academy. Hell, our whole class hated her. She's actually a nice person but she's got NO business being in charge of any type of law enforcement. Im sure she was a great lawyer but just because you got asked to drive a desk for your buddy sheriff for a couple years doesn't qualify you to be in charge of teaching street survival and patrol skills to new cops.

Comment

Originally posted by 86-43 View Post
              That's a very true statement from the things we 'heard' from 'people' while we were at the academy. Hell, our whole class hated her. She's actually a nice person but she's got NO business being in charge of any type of law enforcement. Im sure she was a great lawyer but just because you got asked to drive a desk for your buddy sheriff for a couple years doesn't qualify you to be in charge of teaching street survival and patrol skills to new cops.
              Remember -----between Story County and ILEA she was the Commissioner of Public Safety. That's where I heard most of my stories (from the DPS officers).

Comment

Originally posted by CCB2002
                You think she reads these forums?
                haha... I know there is no love loss between her and my chief... or is it cheif?? Its time to change user names and email addresses before we all become "magically" decertifed and the start of business monday!

Comment

Originally posted by lewy15 View Post
                  haha... I know there is no love loss between her and my chief... or is it cheif?? Its time to change user names and email addresses before we all become "magically" decertifed and the start of business monday!

Last edited by lcpdwannabe; 09-09-2008, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Ha Van Wyk is classic. I got my *** chewed in his class once for laughing. A couple guys next to me were f'ing around and I couldn't stop giggling. Let's just say he wasn't happy about it and had no qualms about calling me out in class. Other than that he was a pretty good guy. It will be interesting to see who replaces him.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6878 users online. 367 members and 6511 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X