X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AuxiTrooper
    replied
    Originally posted by Ten Six View Post
    What's difference between "Police" and "Campus Police"?
    I don't know, but he never refers to himself as a police officer, only a campus police officer. He could very well have no more power than the rest of us working for him (as campus security) and just likes how his given title sounds.

He's never arrested anybody since retiring from the local PD and the only time he tries to use his title is when he says the university rules don't apply to us because we're working as his agents. Making the waiver students sign giving consent to search to any university official void for us because he's "campus police."

Actually typing this and reading it again leads me to believe he's a greater wannabe than a few of the guys I work with.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by AuxiTrooper View Post
    Our director is a campus police officer with full powers and says that because we act as his agents we are permitted to have red and blues.

It still seems strange, the door says security, not campus police.
    What's difference between "Police" and "Campus Police"?

Leave a comment:

• Underdog28
    replied
    When I worked campus security a few years ago, we had one POLICE car and one SECURITY car. The police was red/blues. The security was Red/Yellow.
    I am not sure, but I think I drove through campus the other day and the Security had R/B in the windows but still a yellow/red light bar. I don't know how that worked out. Might just be in case a Commisioned officer drives a secuity vehicle? Would that be legal, to use the R/B then?

Leave a comment:

• AuxiTrooper
    replied
    Our director is a campus police officer with full powers and says that because we act as his agents we are permitted to have red and blues.

It still seems strange, the door says security, not campus police.

Leave a comment:

• towncop
    replied
    Originally posted by towncop View Post
    It would be a stretch, but you could obviously cite the driver of the vehicle and then cite the company head for permitting the violation.
    Originally posted by CruiserClass View Post
    There are some citations for "permitting operation of..." as well, though. I've cited several passengers for permitting operation of vehicle with expired plates or uninsured vehicle, as an example, when they were the registered owner but a friend was driving for whatever reason.

Thanks for driving my point home!

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat357
    replied
    Originally posted by OffDuty View Post
    Well the UTT says ______ (named driver) DID UNLAWFULLY OPERATE ____ (vehicle). So as with other vehicle violations, it goes to the driver of the vehicle.

Driver can sort it out with employer but driver is still ultimately responsible for the violation.
    Once again...pretty crappy thing to do to some schmuck that is trying to make a living and his employer tells him/her to drive the thing.....and they end up are being told/ordered to use the lights as they assist someone and await a LEO to respond....

But that's just me.....as there are usually more pressing things....and if I am that hard-up for tickets.....I can always go out and run some RADAR for a while and get a snag or two there....

Leave a comment:

• CruiserClass
    replied
    Well the UTT says ______ (named driver) DID UNLAWFULLY OPERATE ____ (vehicle). So as with other vehicle violations, it goes to the driver of the vehicle.

Driver can sort it out with employer but driver is still ultimately responsible for the violation.
    There are some citations for "permitting operation of..." as well, though. I've cited several passengers for permitting operation of vehicle with expired plates or uninsured vehicle, as an example, when they were the registered owner but a friend was driving for whatever reason.

Leave a comment:

• OffDuty
    replied
    Originally posted by Underdog28 View Post
    Is there an IC code that allows private hospital security red lights?
    Are they an "authorized emergency vehicle?"
    IC 9-21-20
    Chapter 20. Designation of Authorized Emergency Vehicles

IC 9-21-20-1
    Emergency vehicle; designation; prohibited vehicles
    Sec. 1. (a) The Indiana department of transportation may designate as an authorized emergency vehicle a vehicle:
    (1) other than an ambulance that is owned by a person other than a hospital; and
    (2) that is used in emergency service.
    (b) The Indiana department of transportation may designate and authorize other emergency vehicles under the rules the department prescribes.
    As added by P.L.2-1991, SEC.9.

IC 9-21-20-2
    Vehicles not affiliated with a hospital, law enforcement agency, or fire department; prohibition on withholding approval
    Sec. 2. The Indiana emergency medical services commission may not withhold approval of a motor vehicle as an authorized emergency vehicle because the motor vehicle is not affiliated with a hospital, law enforcement agency, or fire department.
    As added by P.L.2-1991, SEC.9.

Leave a comment:

• OffDuty
    replied
    Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
    Just curious.....would you cite the actual security officer or the company he/she works for.....?

Leave a comment:

• OffDuty
    replied
    Originally posted by AuxiTrooper View Post
    So why hasn't somebody done that already?

PM me:
    vehicle pic
    license plate info
    IN DL #
    Your address!

Leave a comment:

• AuxiTrooper
    replied
    I'd hate to cite some poor schmuck that is making 8 bucks an hour and was ordered by his company management to use red/blue overheads if they were assisting with somthing while awaiting a LEO......

That's just me....as I'd rather go break it off in the company's rear....as they should know the law before outfiting their vehicles.....

Now, if it's a private vehicle....game on....
    Exactly. I'm not a crazy person that tries to make is 93 crap green camry look like some kind of police car or emergency response unit. I also don't think that something I am told to drive on public roads is my fault. Getting a ticket for speed is one thing but getting screwed because I work for idiots is another.

Also, we don't have a full bar, we only have dashlights.

Leave a comment:

• Underdog28
    replied
    Is there an IC code that allows private hospital security red lights?
    Are they an "authorized emergency vehicle?"

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat357
    replied
    Originally posted by towncop View Post
    It would be a stretch, but you could obviously cite the driver of the vehicle and then cite the company head for permitting the violation.
    I'd hate to cite some poor schmuck that is making 8 bucks an hour and was ordered by his company management to use red/blue overheads if they were assisting with somthing while awaiting a LEO......

That's just me....as I'd rather go break it off in the company's rear....as they should know the law before outfiting their vehicles.....

Now, if it's a private vehicle....game on....

Leave a comment:

• towncop
    replied
    Just curious.....would you cite the actual security officer or the company he/she works for.....?

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat357
    replied
    I'd cite ya.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4242 users online. 291 members and 3951 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X