X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Troopers fired

356k - 51 sec @ 56k
    This site uses Flash Troopers Fired After Incident Outside Bar

INDIANAPOLIS -- A dispute outside an Indianapolis bar led to the firing of two state troopers, including one on the governor's security detail.Troopers Marcus Baxter and Curtis Swanson were fired...
    www.theindychannel.com/news/17041236/detail.html
    681k - 97 sec @ 56k
    This site uses Flash Two rookie troopers fired after parking dispute

INDIANAPOLIS Two rookie state troopers have been fired after they were accused of beating a patron of an Indianapolis gay bar in a dispute over a parking spot.
    http://www.southbendtribune.com/apps...ticle?AID=/200... http://www.southbendtribune.com/apps.../1130/Sports01

This should serve as a lesson to all aspiring LEO's. I've seen a lot of young cops fired for stupid stuff like this.

Comment

I stay away from bars all together. You cannot predict the behavior of intoxicated losers and they can drag you into a mess you cannot get out of. Its really quite easy to stay out of trouble, but some people choose it as their hobby I think.

Comment

"They had each been on the force for approximately 10 months"

Is it SOP in Indiana for two probationary troopers to be assigned together?

I try to avoid gay bars as well.
        "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

Originally posted by exComptonCop View Post

To answer your question, yes, it's very common for that to happen. Once they're off of FTO, they do the same thing that the reg troops do.

Comment

From the way that I read the story it seems that they may have been off duty at the time that this happened therefore, not assigned to work together also since it stated that one Trooper worked for the Governor's detail and the other was out of the Indy post. IMO, it's best as a LEO to not go to bars PERIOD. You never know what may come up so it's best to just keep yourself out of the equation all together.

Comment

That would have placed them in the 68th class. Wow.
              Originally posted by Smurfette_76
              You will always be disappointed when you expect rational behavior from irrational people.
              "I always carry a pen in my but, because you never know when things are going to crack off."
              Unnamed inmate VCJ

Comment

They were in the 67th, graduated in July 07

Comment

Graduated in 07 and already assigned to the Governor's Detail??

Am I missing something or is that not abnormal?

Comment

Yeah, I've spoken with two other troops from this class and they had no idea that the one troop was assigned to the Gov's detail. Must have had some major puckering skills.
                    Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Originally posted by Kjmneandh View Post
                      They were in the 67th, graduated in July 07
                      Gotcha, academy time doesn't count, but still that is awful quick to have a specialized detail.
                      Originally posted by Smurfette_76
                      You will always be disappointed when you expect rational behavior from irrational people.
                      "I always carry a pen in my but, because you never know when things are going to crack off."
                      Unnamed inmate VCJ

Comment

Originally posted by towncop View Post
                        Yeah, I've spoken with two other troops from this class and they had no idea that the one troop was assigned to the Gov's detail. Must have had some major puckering skills.
                        inappropriate and shameful post on my part..
                        Last edited by pc2761; 08-04-2008, 09:30 PM.
                        Im pretty much amazing. Just ask anyone about me, im kinda a big deal. I have many leather bound books and my house smells rich of mahogany.

Comment

In response to the previous post in regards to the particular Trooper being assigned the Governor's detail while not having been on that long. Well, I talked to my Trooper friend and she stated that even though he was assigned to the Governor's detail that his assignment was basically to sit outside of the Governor's Home and that's it (not that special if you ask me), vs. what she the moving detail when you're actually with the Governor when he travels and that sort of thing. So the way I see it, is the fact that he was assigned this particular Governor's detail is not that abnormal or out of the ordinary.

Comment

I got news for you Nikki, the Governor's Detail is the Governor's Detail no matter if you're walking around with "Lord Shorty" or putting a coat of kiwi on his dress shoes. Bottom line is this, he's not pushin a stripe around 8.5 hours a day having to make his ticket/contact quota for the month like the other troops are. For a boot to get this assignment out of the academy while still on probation is abnormal and out of the ordinary. This comes from a 15-year 1st Shirt. Like I said, good puckering skills.
                            Last edited by towncop; 08-04-2008, 06:26 PM.
                            Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

A Lt.'s son perhaps????

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5910 users online. 353 members and 5557 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X