300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indiana Black Expo Law Enforcement Question

I noticed that during the Black Expo on Saturday night that there were a few LE with Polo shirts that said "Agent". Their badge was different then the regular IMPD badge but I could not get a good look at it... What federal agency would have their officer working Uniform roles? Perhaps these individual volunteered but it just seems rather odd... Could any shed some light on what agency this may have been?

You do know that the Indiana Black Expo had a job fair right?

According to this site, http://www.wthr.com/global/Story.asp?s=5067108, The FBI was one of the exhibitors at the IBE job fair. Now it would make since if they were doing recruiting to be in some type of uniform.

Just a thought.
    What is Perseverance?
    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

The only people I have seen in Indy with shirts that say "Agent" were cop wanna-bes that are bail enforcement agents or something similar. Most of the federal agents that put on their raid gear will have the specific agency they work for on their clothing and not just a generic "agent" logo.

Comment

I seen a bunch of these while i was working the other night too. Most of them were hired as private security for gas stations and such. One tried to tell us he was an officer and his car was a dept car but a late return from bmv showed it was a security company. Watch out for these jokers!!
        Sometimes there's justice! Sometimes there is just US!

Comment

The units I saw had full gun belts and a badge similar to that of a US Marshal. But I though it would be odd that a US Marshal would be working OT in uniform during the Black Expo.

Comment

I'm sure events like this bring out a lot of impersonators. Like miller76 said, need to watch out for the jokers.

Comment

You also have to remember they could be Excise Police, Gaming Investigators, part of a Drug Joint Task Force. There are several police officers that have powers that don't wear the conventional uniform.

Comment

Originally posted by ds4190 View Post
                You also have to remember they could be Excise Police, Gaming Investigators, part of a Drug Joint Task Force. There are several police officers that have powers that don't wear the conventional uniform.
                that mau be true but the jokers this guy is talking about are a bunch of impersonators. we have had more than one run in with a few around the capitol.
                Sometimes there's justice! Sometimes there is just US!

Comment

Originally posted by ds4190 View Post
                  All the Excise police I see up here use POLICE or EXCISE POLICE as raid wear identifiers.

I suspect "agent" with no LE agency ID is in the "wannabe" category. The Feds do a good job with acronyms in the agency ID and on clothing. Even POSTAL INSPECTORs have that on their raidwear.
                  And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”- Romans 8:28

Comment

I have 2 raid shirts from when i was in the Border Patrol Academy and one says Federal Agent and one says U.S. Federal Agent. As for the "Agents" being wanna bes or not I don't know. I worked it for 12 hours and didn't see them so i can't say. Some of the security "agencys" go to great lengths to appear to be police. Super secret darked out Crown Vics, Badges around their necks, cars with antena farms on the trunk.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3194 users online. 158 members and 3036 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X