Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be sure to let us know what you find out.

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by Christyle View Post
      I was thinking that same thing. I am going to make a phone call tomorrow to a person I know from ISP and see if I can get some scoop. I am thinking its not going to be as formal. ISP process is very complex. This isn't as bad. So I am thinking not, however, I could be wrong
      The interview is structured similar to what a Trooper goes through in their interview but it is slightly different. You still want to show up in a suit and tie, shined shoes, and a fresh hair cut.
      SPSC 262

Comment

Originally posted by 10-Roger View Post
        The interview is structured similar to what a Trooper goes through in their interview but it is slightly different. You still want to show up in a suit and tie, shined shoes, and a fresh hair cut.
        Wearing a suit and tie should be common sense. That is not what we are referring to. We are referring to the formality of it. Making my phone call now....
        Your mom...

Comment

I will be getting a phone call from my "source" tomorrow at work. Which will be 2200. My source will be calling the LT and getting as much info as he can...
          Your mom...

Comment

Well I just got the phone call.....boy was he fast! I must be in a good mood to give you guys the scoop so here I go...

You sit in front of a panel of 3 officers. It's structural, but a little more relaxed than the ISP interview. You are asked 9 questions in 20-25 minutes. Everything else is common sense
            Your mom...

Comment

Thanks a ton Christyle.
              *whistle* Between the interview and the hellish agility test its going to be TOUGH

I think everyone else needs to drop out of the process
              Btw did your paper say the pt is on the 17th as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Duo View Post
                Thanks a ton Christyle.
                *whistle* Between the interview and the hellish agility test its going to be TOUGH

I think everyone else needs to drop out of the process
                Btw did your paper say the pt is on the 17th as well?
                Hellish agility? Are you high? Seriously? That compared what ISP recruits do, is nothing....Now I can see having problems with this agility if you are a 400 pound person

Yes my PT is on the 17th. The whole wearing jeans thing kills me
                Your mom...

Comment

For more 10-43....be prepared to take 2 psych tests on your interview day
                  Your mom...

Comment

You sit in front of a panel of 3 officers. It's structural, but a little more relaxed than the ISP interview. You are asked 9 questions in 20-25 minutes. Everything else is common sense
                    I think that is sort what I said... Perhaps I wasn't clear. To be more specific, it is like any other civilian job interview with the Indiana State Police. It won't necessarily be 3 police officers.

It is a structured interview meaning they ask questions and you answer those questions. Everyone who interviews will get exactly the same questions. They won't ask you to elaborate or what you mean by something you said. You are only scored on what you say on that given question. The questions are not open ended things that will require you to converse with the panel. They won't ask you to "Tell us about yourself" but you can incorporate those things into your answers. Also, if they ask a question and you relate a past experience in that answer, then they ask another question later where the same example might be good to illustrate your point. Don't be afraid to use the same example again if it will help you properly answer the question. You are only scored on what you say for a given question.

Structured interviews have "key words" or "anchors" that help you answer questions. Just be specific and fully answer the questions you are given. Be sure if it is a two part question to answer both parts. If you aren't sure, ask them to repeat a question.

Last, if you don't understand a question, they can't and won't explain the meaning of the question to you. They will repeat the question for you as much as you like but you have to figure out what the question is really asking.

As well, wearing a suit and looking good.... That has to be said!!! It should be common sense but it isn't much of the time. You should see some of the stuff people wear to interviews. Ask some guys who have sat on ISP Trooper interviews. Shorts, shirts untucked, dockers and a polo shirt, Corfam uniform shoes with business attire, and sandals have all been known to be worn to interviews.

Good luck!
                    SPSC 262

Comment

Thanks for the inside info Christyle : )

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by Josh83 View Post
                        Thanks for the inside info Christyle : )

Josh
                        You're quite welcome Josh.

I thought at all interviews they ask you questions...and you answer

You say tomato, I say toMAto.....My info came straight from the Lt. mouth. I was told 3. I gave the info that was given by the Lt. I didn't have to inform anyone, I just thought it would be helpful seeing as how I know how I get before interviews. I like to know what I am walking into to help calm the nerves. I retract everything I previously said.....
                        Your mom...

Comment

Hellish agility? Are you high? Seriously? That compared what ISP recruits do, is nothing....Now I can see having problems with this agility if you are a 400 pound person

Yes my PT is on the 17th. The whole wearing jeans thing kills me
                          Sarcasm goggles on. I think he's joking that everyone else should drop out of the process so he'll have a better chance.
                          I miss you, Dave.
                          http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Oh....ha....ha
                            Your mom...

Comment

Oh....ha....ha
                              Wow.d-e-n-s-e!!
                              Im pretty much amazing. Just ask anyone about me, im kinda a big deal. I have many leather bound books and my house smells rich of mahogany.

Comment

Originally posted by pc2761 View Post
                                Wow.d-e-n-s-e!!
                                You're dense for posting such an immature post.

The OH...HA...HA.....was sarcasm. So I guess you are just as dense for not picking that up either, eh?
                                Your mom...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3854 users online. 231 members and 3623 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X