300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMPD Shift Schedule

Anyone know what the hours of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts are?

Also, what are the chances of a new recruit getting 1st shift coming out of FTO? I only ask because there's a situation that has come up that would make it highly unlikely that I would be able to work any other shift than days.

And now that I'm thinking about it, does the benefits page on the IMPD website have the latest salary numbers or is there still negotiations happening?

Thanks guys!

Day tact 0530-1400
    Day 0800-1630
    Middle 1330-2200
    Late tact 1900-0330
    late 2130-0600

this was the basic for IPD, every district tweeked it alittle, i'm pretty sure IMPD has stuck with this.
    I remember a buddy of mine switched back to north district from the traffic branch and this was about in 03 after he had been on north district from 94-02, and he put in for Day shift and didnt get it right away! even with the 10 years of seniority! He was a late shift officer for about 6 months before he finally got days again.....
    so good luck, maybe you will get lucky.
    Rest in Peace I.P.D.

Comment

Originally posted by gt4051y View Post
      Also, what are the chances of a new recruit getting 1st shift coming out of FTO? I only ask because there's a situation that has come up that would make it highly unlikely that I would be able to work any other shift than days.

And now that I'm thinking about it, does the benefits page on the IMPD website have the latest salary numbers or is there still negotiations happening?

Thanks guys!
      It is possible that you get assigned to day shift at the completion of FTO, but it is unlikely. Probationary officers are put where they are needed to fill vacancies, and that is usually on middle shift. You can ask for a hardship shift assignment but it is reviewed periodically.

As far as salaries, the website is up to date.

Comment

Just FYI, there are days you will have to work middle shift during the academy as well, such as EVOC and the range. If you can only work days you are probably looking at the wrong career choice.
        I miss you, Dave.
        http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

The situation is that I was just awarded custody of my 3 year old. I'm super happy, but it throws a monkey wrench into this whole process I'm in with IMPD. I'm single and there are no daycares that are open that late and I wouldn't do that if they were.

My baby girl will always be most important to me, but I keep losing out on the career choices I want because her mother and I split. Marine Corps OCS was shot down because I couldn't move away, now IMPD looks like it might be the same.

Never trust a woman.... they will ruin you

Comment

you should still try and apply and see, they might work with you based on your situation you never know. the only thing is what about weekends? You work six on 3 off. Daycares usually don't operate on weekends. Just FYI. If it is really what you want to maybe someone close could help you out??? Don't give up just yet!
            People do not lack strength, they lack will-Victor Hugo

Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other one thing-Abraham Lincoln

Comment

My ex will get her every other weekend and I have family that could help me on the weekends I would have to work. It's just that my ex could easily get custody if I was working 2nds or 3rds because my daughter wouldn't be home with me.

My next step is the poly, so I guess I'll finish the process and see what happens. If they make me an offer I'll bring it up then. If they say no, oh well

Do you think they would still bring me on as a reserve? At least this way I could get my foot in and when I finally do get married I could switch to full time.

Comment

Originally posted by gt4051y View Post
                Never trust a woman.... they will ruin you
                OH NO YOU DIDN'T!
                Your mom...

Comment

Originally posted by Christyle View Post
                  OH NO YOU DIDN'T!
                  Actually he did! I understand where he's coming from. It is his personal opinion so lets not start another ****ing match unless its in the "rant" thread.

Just my .02

Comment

Originally posted by IMPDNE View Post
                    Actually he did! I understand where he's coming from. It is his personal opinion so lets not start another ****ing match unless its in the "rant" thread.

Just my .02
                    Well then...For one, my comment was meant in a joking manner. However I don't make comments about men being pigs, so I feel men shouldn't make comments about women. But that's human nature and I am sure he didn't mean all women. I didn't take it personal. Hints as to it being a joke. Secondly, don't assume I am going to start a "*cuss word*" match like you thought I was going to. But if you would like to continue this in the rant thread like you suggested, then by all means, otherwise I will ignore your comment.

Just my .02
                    Your mom...

Comment

o here we go....
                      if it isan't towncop stirin the pot then its her...
                      Last edited by operator48; 07-12-2007, 06:37 PM.
                      Rest in Peace I.P.D.

Comment

No. but thanks for inquiring.
                        Your mom...

Comment

Originally posted by operator48 View Post
                          o here we go....
                          if it isan't towncop stirin the pot then its her...
                          You've been advised to STOP the personal attacks!!! I mean it. I'm tired of your crap. I've let it go since our last go around. If you continue, you will be reported to the Mods. From this point forward, you don't like what I say, that's what the ignore button is for.

This site is a place for officers to discuss ideas/topics. Not to play playground games. I suggest you grow up and stop dropping my name.
                          Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Originally posted by towncop View Post
                            You've been advised to STOP the personal attacks!!! I mean it. I'm tired of your crap. I've let it go since our last go around. If you continue, you will be reported to the Mods. From this point forward, you don't like what I say, that's what the ignore button is for.

This site is a place for officers to discuss ideas/topics. Not to play playground games. I suggest you grow up and stop dropping my name.
                            Last edited by operator48; 07-12-2007, 08:25 PM.
                            Rest in Peace I.P.D.

Comment

Thanks for the PM Christle. The edit function is a wonderful thing.
                              Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4248 users online. 270 members and 3978 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X