Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else get a sex offender to babysit?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else get a sex offender to babysit?

I got an e-mail that I have an assigned sex offender, now. I get to swing by his place and make sure he still lives there and hasn't moved without updating his address for the sex offender registry.

Anyone else babysitting pervs?
    I miss you, Dave.
    http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

is this the same as a zachary check?
    Im pretty much amazing. Just ask anyone about me, im kinda a big deal. I have many leather bound books and my house smells rich of mahogany.

Comment

I haven't received the email yet, but one of the guys I work with has. I'm surprised they would give one to an officer still in FTO.

Comment

Originally posted by IMPDNE View Post
        I haven't received the email yet, but one of the guys I work with has. I'm surprised they would give one to an officer still in FTO.
        I believe FWPD officers have been doing them for months. Oddly they are given several to check up on, so either this area has an abnormally large population of offenders, or you have more emails on the way..good luck.
        Im pretty much amazing. Just ask anyone about me, im kinda a big deal. I have many leather bound books and my house smells rich of mahogany.

Comment

I am sure there are more emails on the way, I just haven't received mine yet. From what I heard though no one is exempt, supposedly captains and majors have been told to babysit a perv.

Comment

That's two of us. I guess if I don't get assigned to this district he'll get a new babysitter.
            I miss you, Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by CruiserClass View Post
              That's two of us. I guess if I don't get assigned to this district he'll get a new babysitter.
              With the bass-ackwards way things are done now I bet you get to keep him and you'll have to go to his house from whatever district you are assigned to.

Comment

With the bass-ackwards way things are done now I bet you get to keep him and you'll have to go to his house from whatever district you are assigned to.
                Well the "good news" is he isn't on my district now. He had two listed addresses, both dive hotels. The one on the registry is correct, the one in my e-mail is out of date by 3 months or so. I swung by today to check up on him today.

At least he's downtown right now so he'll be close to whatever district I end up on.

Oh, I talked to two other POs who have offenders assigned as well.
                I miss you, Dave.

Comment

Well I finally got assigned a sex offender to check up on. I don't mind doing it, but the guy they gave me lives about 5 miles from the area that I work. You would think that there are enough registered offenders in my area that I could get one of them and not have to be out of service a long time to check up on them.

I checked the distance on Yahoo maps from the beat I normally run to where the sex offender lives. 9.5 miles, and thats if you take I-70.
                  Last edited by IMPDNE; 06-26-2007, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Well if you only have one thank someone, we are given 10 every month to go and find and check up on. Most of the ones we get have several addresses, what's up with that?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3776 users online. 141 members and 3635 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X