300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Benefit Ride?

BigJ8550 and I are kicking around the idea of having a Benefit ride to support law enforcement, sometime next year. Since we do not have any experience with this, we are looking for some great ideas. First we need a good cause. Something like Bullet Proof vests for K-9's, just an example. Any ideas about that would be great. Also, sponsers? Any suggestions? Location? And whatever else you could think of.
    Your mom...

Just think of it! Two thinks that people love to hate; cops, and bikers togeather. Helping out Tiny Tim pay for a new prosthetic leg and new crutch to get him around because mean old Scrooge will not give his daddy a rasie. Doesn't that bring a tear to your eye? Ok maybe I am exaggerating just a little bit. But that is Chrisyle and my idea, No! It's our DREAM!! And that is where we are right now. A dream with out a cause! So come on help us out give us a good cause.(I thought me getting a new motorcycle was a good enough cause but Christyle didn't thing so.)
    Originally posted by Smurfette_76
    You will always be disappointed when you expect rational behavior from irrational people.
    "I always carry a pen in my but, because you never know when things are going to crack off."
    Unnamed inmate VCJ

Comment

Just thinking out loud, Indiana Law Enf Memorial, Families of Slain P/O's, Scholorship fund for kids of P/O's...

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
        Just thinking out loud, Indiana Law Enf Memorial, Families of Slain P/O's, Scholorship fund for kids of P/O's...
        That is a great idea! I would like to keep the cause in the law enforcement area (sorry no bike for you BigJ).

I emailed BigJ with an idea of a poker run. Those are fun! You pay the entry fee (which all have them) you ride around to different locations (possibly different PD's or HD dealerships, maybe not) get your card, and at the 5th location is where the party is at. I am sure I could get a band (my dad knows people!), or maybe even a radio station to provide music. Of course food, I mean who doesn't love food. I have been on many poker runs and I'm sure a HD dealership wouldn't mind helping out. Especially since its advertisement for them!
        Your mom...

Comment

I like the Family's of slain P/O's or Scholarship fund. Bring Tiny Tim to mind. (sob cry sob). But anyway I also like the poker run theme, however if we do the poker run thing I think it will have to stay in one city. Which means one PD. Maybe we could lay the ground work and stage multiple rides in different citys each time. One in Evansville, One in Indy so on and so forth. It would be a great community police idea.
          You will always be disappointed when you expect rational behavior from irrational people.
          "I always carry a pen in my but, because you never know when things are going to crack off."
          Unnamed inmate VCJ

Comment

Agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Your mom...

Comment

In CA last year, some orgainzation did a "9K for K9s" (as in a 9 km walk/run). They also had the K9s out doing a demo.
              The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed on the streets

Comment

Originally posted by Jessyca View Post
                In CA last year, some orgainzation did a "9K for K9s" (as in a 9 km walk/run). They also had the K9s out doing a demo.
                Good thinking, but we are leaning more towards motorcycles! But you just gave me a great idea about demos!
                Your mom...

Comment

Ok so here is what we have so far. We are looking at a poker run, in indy, Five to six stops, (at least two being PD related), for either Slain P/O's Fund or P/O scholarship Fund. We are going to try this is a couple citys we are thinking Indy first because it is the capitol of Indiana and it is centralized local. Indy has a large population with a good possiablty of a large turn out. So anybody got any contact numbers or email addys to the PR officer with IMPD and who to contact at those to charitys?
                  Unnamed inmate VCJ

Comment

How about one of the newest Law Enforcement Memorial-type benefits, "The Gary E. Dudley Memorial Foundation." This would be a great way to get this organization out in the open and get it off of the ground. Of course everyone will remember he, along with Lake Co. Chief Deputy Gary Martin, were the two officers killed in the C.O.P.S. bike ride last August. If not for that new foundation, then just make it plain and simple: do it for the C.O.P.S. foundation itself.

Comment

Ok That sounds good to me. Got any contact Info for the people that run this charity? Email addy or phone number?
                      Unnamed inmate VCJ

Comment

indianacops.org has the information for the Gary Dudley & Gary Martin memorial

Comment

How about a ride to raise campaign money for Greg Ballard, the Republican candidate for mayor in Indy?

Just kidding. Since I don't have a bike, let me know who the beneficiary will be and I'll send them what donation I can.

Comment

Originally posted by IMPDNE View Post
                            How about a ride to raise campaign money for Greg Ballard, the Republican candidate for mayor in Indy?

Just kidding. Since I don't have a bike, let me know who the beneficiary will be and I'll send them what donation I can.
                            HAHAHAH aren't you the comedian!

Thanks for the early offer for donation!
                            Your mom...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3725 users online. 210 members and 3515 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X