X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bigj8550
    replied
    Originally posted by IMPDNE View Post
    If you read my post, it said "I love to ride, but am currently bikeless." I do check out the situation from a rider's viewpoint, and I also check it out from the viewpoint of someone whose child has been woken up by some tool pretending my street is the strip at IRP. I wasn't implying that you or Christyle were idiots because you have loud pipes.
    I totally understand! My boy has been woke up by Loud motorcycles, loud cars, loud trucks, and loud stereos. Which happens a lot because where I live even though I live in a residential neighborhood I live close to a high school.

Leave a comment:

• Christyle
    replied
    If you read my post, it said "I love to ride, but am currently bikeless." I do check out the situation from a rider's viewpoint, and I also check it out from the viewpoint of someone whose child has been woken up by some tool pretending my street is the strip at IRP. I wasn't implying that you or Christyle were idiots because you have loud pipes.
    I didn't take offense...

Leave a comment:

• IMPDNE
    replied
    Originally posted by bigj8550 View Post
    So next time you hear loud pipes remember check out the situation from a riders veiw point. Not all of us are idiots!

Leave a comment:

• Christyle
    replied
    I did some research on google, got to the third page, then ADD kicked in. It's an iffy subject anyway. I don't think the statics would be accurate. If you really think about it, yes I am sure the loudness of pipes have saved a few lives, but there are ignorant teens out there who listen to the music (with bass) on full blast, so the pipes wouldn't really help in that situation. Kinda goes into play with the whole helmet thing. Sometimes it saves lives, others, it may not.

And...I don't ride to show off. I ride because I love it! It's the best stress reliever. Don't mistaken riders who ride because they enjoy it, with riders who do it to show off/get booty/and to act retarded.

Leave a comment:

• bigj8550
    replied
    Do any of you have statistics to back this statement up? I cannot stand loud pipes, especially on bikes being ridden by idiots that think they need to go full throttle from a dead stop just to show everyone how loud their pipes are. If I got in my car every time someone with a loud pipe did that in front of my house, I could write at least 10 tickets a day. I love to ride (but am currently bikeless), and I don't mess with motorcyclists...but that is one thing that I will cite for in a heartbeat.
    The only statistics I have to back this one up is personal experiance! And a lot of them! My bike is not very loud untill 4000 rpm till red line. So I can cruise really nicely with out getting annoying! Here is one personal expericance that comes to mind about loud exhaust saving my life. Riding south on stringtown rd between Mill rd and Buena vista. Came around the corner and made eye contact with a person in a Mercedes convertable looking to pull out of Evansville County Club. She must have look straite through me because she pulled out right in front of me. I grabbed brakes and Down shifted two gears exahust started to roar and she looked up just in time to slow down and swerve. I then throttled up darted into oncoming traffic went around her really quick and went back into my lane of traffic. After I stopped and went back to make sure she was ok. Her exact words were " I didn't see you! I heard your bike but I didn't see you." If she hadn't heard me and stopped I would be splatted on the trunk of that Mercedes! So next time you hear loud pipes remember check out the situation from a riders veiw point. Not all of us are idiots!

Leave a comment:

• IMPDNE
    replied
    Originally posted by bigj8550 View Post
    All though I do make sure I ride on the high pipe if I am going through a dangerous intersection. LOUD PIPES SAVES LIVES!!! If you can't see me you sure will hear me!
    Do any of you have statistics to back this statement up? I cannot stand loud pipes, especially on bikes being ridden by idiots that think they need to go full throttle from a dead stop just to show everyone how loud their pipes are. If I got in my car every time someone with a loud pipe did that in front of my house, I could write at least 10 tickets a day. I love to ride (but am currently bikeless), and I don't mess with motorcyclists...but that is one thing that I will cite for in a heartbeat.

Leave a comment:

• Christyle
    replied
    WE TOTALLY SHOULD! but a fundraiser of some kind. Preferably to benefit law enforcement.

Leave a comment:

• bigj8550
    replied
    What midcareer a biker? I would have never guessed it! LOL We should orgainze a O.com Indiana ride. That would be cool!

Leave a comment:

• Christyle
    replied
    Ya...if I was going on the interstate for a long haul. I would probably wear a helmet. But I dont really like interstate riding.

Leave a comment:

• MidCareer
    replied
    2003 Harley Road King here. Love it. Also just bought an '07 Wide Glide. Love 'em both, never wear a helmet locally. Wear one all the way to Sturgis and back though.

Leave a comment:

• Christyle
    replied
    Agreed. People are ignorant. A friend of the family just wrecked his brand new $25,000 Harley. Bought it in like March. Was T-boned by some teenage chic who ran the stop sign, just last week. Wearing NO HELMET! And had no head damage. He is in intensive care right now. Broken legs, arm, and pelvis. But no head damage. Wearing no helmet...Hmm...My dad said he tried to swerve and miss her, but she was talking on her cell phone, not paying attention and it was too late.

Leave a comment:

• bigj8550
    replied
    Well I am still up in the air about what I really want. I can look and dream but right now I am not going into another payment untill I am sure where I will be (job wise). I like where I work now but the automoitve industry is to unstable. I want a little job security. One thing is for sure I will ride before I buy! I can't belive the people that spend anywhere from 5000-20000, with out riding it. I want to know what I am getting before I sign the papers!

Leave a comment:

• Christyle
    replied
    I'm just not a fan of the Vrods. You cant really customize them like you can a superglide or a softie. Just an opinion. Sure you can paint the tank. Woo hoo! But there are so many extras you get with other Harleys. But then again. I rather see someone get a Vrod than a sickening Sportster! GOD! YUCK! The 1200's wouldnt be so bad if it wasn't for the small/ugly gas tank. That is what ruins the sportsters in my opinion, the ugly gas tank. UCK!

Leave a comment:

• bigj8550
    replied
    Why no Vrod? I like the way they look I just haven't done a lot of research on them yet. I do like the soft tails for a crusier bike. But they are a little to big for my taste for intown riding. I like small and manuverable for intown riding! That is what the R6 would be for. Unless I got a buell then That would be differnet! As for the front headlight yea some of them are reatared looking. But that is what a aftermarket faring is for. That will change the whole front end look and new type of headlight!

Leave a comment:

• Christyle
    replied
    Oh....just say NO to the VROD. and if you are going to get a Buell. Please get a Firebolt! Get a softtail Harley. Those are sooooooo nice. I want one BAD! Firebolts are FAST and sharp looking. I don't like any of the other Buells because those headlights look so retarded.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4961 users online. 286 members and 4675 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X