300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigj8550 View Post
    Please no helmet law! I ride and have been riding for a few years now, and helmets are great for long or highway riding. I don't wear one in town. It does restrict my vision and hearing. And in town that is when I need it the most!! With all my five senses at there highest I can avoid most idiots that don't see me. All though I do make sure I ride on the high pipe if I am going through a dangerous intersection. LOUD PIPES SAVES LIVES!!! If you can't see me you sure will hear me!
    I totally agree! I love loud pipes. We took the baffles out of ours.
    Your mom...

Comment

I like mine quiet untill about 4000-9500 rpm then I want them to roar! What to you ride Christyle? This season my ride it a 1979 yamaha XS750SF 3 cyl bike. Next season or the season after I hope to upgrade again.
      Originally posted by Smurfette_76
      You will always be disappointed when you expect rational behavior from irrational people.
      "I always carry a pen in my but, because you never know when things are going to crack off."
      Unnamed inmate VCJ

Comment

2002 Dyna Superglide. 1450. All chrome. Got ride of the stock black. Vance and Hines Pipes. Unfortunately, I never find the time to ride anymore Big sad face
        Your mom...

Comment

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh I so want a Harley! But I cannot afford one. I am hoping in the next two seasons to get me a V-Rod. Or a Buell I just can not decide. I have promised myself one thing. That if I get on with EPD then after my parole year I will buy myself a V-rod and a R6 so I have the best of both worlds. Kinda of a Congrates to myself!
          You will always be disappointed when you expect rational behavior from irrational people.
          "I always carry a pen in my but, because you never know when things are going to crack off."
          Unnamed inmate VCJ

Comment

Oh....just say NO to the VROD. and if you are going to get a Buell. Please get a Firebolt! Get a softtail Harley. Those are sooooooo nice. I want one BAD! Firebolts are FAST and sharp looking. I don't like any of the other Buells because those headlights look so retarded.
            Your mom...

Comment

Why no Vrod? I like the way they look I just haven't done a lot of research on them yet. I do like the soft tails for a crusier bike. But they are a little to big for my taste for intown riding. I like small and manuverable for intown riding! That is what the R6 would be for. Unless I got a buell then That would be differnet! As for the front headlight yea some of them are reatared looking. But that is what a aftermarket faring is for. That will change the whole front end look and new type of headlight!
              Unnamed inmate VCJ

Comment

I'm just not a fan of the Vrods. You cant really customize them like you can a superglide or a softie. Just an opinion. Sure you can paint the tank. Woo hoo! But there are so many extras you get with other Harleys. But then again. I rather see someone get a Vrod than a sickening Sportster! GOD! YUCK! The 1200's wouldnt be so bad if it wasn't for the small/ugly gas tank. That is what ruins the sportsters in my opinion, the ugly gas tank. UCK!
                Your mom...

Comment

Well I am still up in the air about what I really want. I can look and dream but right now I am not going into another payment untill I am sure where I will be (job wise). I like where I work now but the automoitve industry is to unstable. I want a little job security. One thing is for sure I will ride before I buy! I can't belive the people that spend anywhere from 5000-20000, with out riding it. I want to know what I am getting before I sign the papers!
                  Unnamed inmate VCJ

Comment

Agreed. People are ignorant. A friend of the family just wrecked his brand new $25,000 Harley. Bought it in like March. Was T-boned by some teenage chic who ran the stop sign, just last week. Wearing NO HELMET! And had no head damage. He is in intensive care right now. Broken legs, arm, and pelvis. But no head damage. Wearing no helmet...Hmm...My dad said he tried to swerve and miss her, but she was talking on her cell phone, not paying attention and it was too late.
                    Your mom...

Comment

2003 Harley Road King here. Love it. Also just bought an '07 Wide Glide. Love 'em both, never wear a helmet locally. Wear one all the way to Sturgis and back though.

Comment

Ya...if I was going on the interstate for a long haul. I would probably wear a helmet. But I dont really like interstate riding.
                        Your mom...

Comment

What midcareer a biker? I would have never guessed it! LOL We should orgainze a O.com Indiana ride. That would be cool!
                          Unnamed inmate VCJ

Comment

WE TOTALLY SHOULD! but a fundraiser of some kind. Preferably to benefit law enforcement.
                            Your mom...

Comment

Originally posted by bigj8550 View Post
                              All though I do make sure I ride on the high pipe if I am going through a dangerous intersection. LOUD PIPES SAVES LIVES!!! If you can't see me you sure will hear me!
                              Do any of you have statistics to back this statement up? I cannot stand loud pipes, especially on bikes being ridden by idiots that think they need to go full throttle from a dead stop just to show everyone how loud their pipes are. If I got in my car every time someone with a loud pipe did that in front of my house, I could write at least 10 tickets a day. I love to ride (but am currently bikeless), and I don't mess with motorcyclists...but that is one thing that I will cite for in a heartbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by IMPDNE View Post
                                Do any of you have statistics to back this statement up? I cannot stand loud pipes, especially on bikes being ridden by idiots that think they need to go full throttle from a dead stop just to show everyone how loud their pipes are. If I got in my car every time someone with a loud pipe did that in front of my house, I could write at least 10 tickets a day. I love to ride (but am currently bikeless), and I don't mess with motorcyclists...but that is one thing that I will cite for in a heartbeat.
                                The only statistics I have to back this one up is personal experiance! And a lot of them! My bike is not very loud untill 4000 rpm till red line. So I can cruise really nicely with out getting annoying! Here is one personal expericance that comes to mind about loud exhaust saving my life. Riding south on stringtown rd between Mill rd and Buena vista. Came around the corner and made eye contact with a person in a Mercedes convertable looking to pull out of Evansville County Club. She must have look straite through me because she pulled out right in front of me. I grabbed brakes and Down shifted two gears exahust started to roar and she looked up just in time to slow down and swerve. I then throttled up darted into oncoming traffic went around her really quick and went back into my lane of traffic. After I stopped and went back to make sure she was ok. Her exact words were " I didn't see you! I heard your bike but I didn't see you." If she hadn't heard me and stopped I would be splatted on the trunk of that Mercedes! So next time you hear loud pipes remember check out the situation from a riders veiw point. Not all of us are idiots!
                                Unnamed inmate VCJ

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3321 users online. 173 members and 3148 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X