300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike Ride

Anyone up to a motorcycle bike ride to help with the purchase of new ballstic vests. The Goodland Police Department is holding a "Ride for Safety" this is to help with the purchase of new ballstric vests for their reserve officers. This department is a small one with only one full time officer. The ride is on 23 June 2007. I have more information if anyone is intrested just PM me and I will send it to you.

where is Goodland at?
    Your mom...

Comment

Goodland is located about 45 mile north of Lafayette on US 24 about 8 miles west of I-65.

Comment

Oh good grief! That is one long bike ride for me, otherwise I would do it in a heartbeat....count me out
        Your mom...

Comment

For those of you that do this pleeeeeease be careful. There were 5motorcycle fatalities in the Southeastern part of Indiana in a 25 hour span. So please just be careful.

Comment

Originally posted by forensiccop View Post
            For those of you that do this pleeeeeease be careful. There were 5motorcycle fatalities in the Southeastern part of Indiana in a 25 hour span. So please just be careful.
            Yes, one of these fatalities was a friend from HS and had currently worked for the same business as my wife. Left behind a wife and young child, very sad.

I had a bike for a short time and got rid of it for the simple fact that they are so dangerous. You can be as safe as you possibly can, but if a driver of a car or truck is not paying attention, there's not much you can do.

I passed (opposite direction) a cycle and car just yesterday and as we passed, the car behind the cycle was no more than 1 second behind him. I would have stopped and ticketed that woman in a heartbeat. If that cycle driver had to stop suddenly for some reason, he'd stop a lot quicker than that car could.

Comment

Originally posted by SW Indiana View Post
              Yes, one of these fatalities was a friend from HS and had currently worked for the same business as my wife. Left behind a wife and young child, very sad.

I had a bike for a short time and got rid of it for the simple fact that they are so dangerous. You can be as safe as you possibly can, but if a driver of a car or truck is not paying attention, there's not much you can do.

I passed (opposite direction) a cycle and car just yesterday and as we passed, the car behind the cycle was no more than 1 second behind him. I would have stopped and ticketed that woman in a heartbeat. If that cycle driver had to stop suddenly for some reason, he'd stop a lot quicker than that car could.
              I'm wondering that with this many fatalities in such a short period of time if it will not get them pushing for the helmet law. I know that they're sometimes a nuisance and hot and not cool, but I also know that if alot not all, but alot of the people that were involved in a fatal motorcycle crash were wearing helmets that they would still be alive today. I know that there are alot of mixed feelings on this, but it's just such a shame what happened to these people.

Comment

I'm wondering that with this many fatalities in such a short period of time if it will not get them pushing for the helmet law. I know that they're sometimes a nuisance and hot and not cool, but I also know that if alot not all, but alot of the people that were involved in a fatal motorcycle crash were wearing helmets that they would still be alive today. I know that there are alot of mixed feelings on this, but it's just such a shame what happened to these people.
                Never happen. You won't see a helmet law anytime soon here in Indiana. I know I sure as heck wouldn't want to be forced to wear one. Thank God for ABATE. By the way, the Indy Star only mentioned 3 fatalities in your part of the state.
                Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Originally posted by towncop View Post
                  Never happen. You won't see a helmet law anytime soon here in Indiana. I know I sure as heck wouldn't want to be forced to wear one. Thank God for ABATE. By the way, the Indy Star only mentioned 3 fatalities in your part of the state.
                  Yea, thing is, he had ALL protective gear on...leather, gloves, helmet, etc. Impact was too severe to survive.

I read of 3 fatals in SE Indiana, 1 SW and 1 in Northern Indiana over the course of the weekend.

Comment

There were 4 Fatalities on Saturday in Dearborn County and 1 on Sunday in Ripley County for a total of 5. None of these 5 fatalities were wearing helmets. This is just a general question and not meant to come off sarcastic, but what is so hard about wearing a helmet?

Comment

This is just a general question and not meant to come off sarcastic, but what is so hard about wearing a helmet?
                      Nothing is hard about it. But when I ride, I don't want to wear a helmet. It should be a personal choice. We don't need to government (Big Brother) passing more laws to "keep us safe." If I ride on long trips, I'll wear one, if an afternoon of Sunday cruising..no helmet.

Wearing a helmet can actually be restricting to your hearing/vision. But like I said, ABATE has a VERY strong voice in Indiana and I doubt you'll see a helmet law soon.

Now, back to numbers. You said that 4 were killed in Dearb. County. Is this the one where the vehicle crossed the line and crashed into them?
                      Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

There were 4 Fatalities on Saturday in Dearborn County and 1 on Sunday in Ripley County for a total of 5. None of these 5 fatalities were wearing helmets. This is just a general question and not meant to come off sarcastic, but what is so hard about wearing a helmet?
                        I prefer a helmet, but its a personal call and I don't see a need for a law requiring it.

For those of you who don't wear helmets, do you ticket for no seatbelt?
                        I miss you, Dave.
                        http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Because I cannot see as well as I could without wearing one. If I happen to get into an accident and die, then so be it. But I feel safer knowing I can see all around me.

And for FYI before I get attacked. I have been riding since I was 16. Took ABATE and everything when I was 16. YAY for being a daddys girl
                          Your mom...

Comment

Nothing is hard about it. But when I ride, I don't want to wear a helmet. It should be a personal choice. We don't need to government (Big Brother) passing more laws to "keep us safe." If I ride on long trips, I'll wear one, if an afternoon of Sunday cruising..no helmet.

Wearing a helmet can actually be restricting to your hearing/vision. But like I said, ABATE has a VERY strong voice in Indiana and I doubt you'll see a helmet law soon.

Now, back to numbers. You said that 4 were killed in Dearb. County. Is this the one where the vehicle crossed the line and crashed into them?
                            Thanks for the reply to all. I was just wondering on that. I don't ride and could just never understand the reasoning behind not wanting to wear a helmet it just seems like you're leaving your body so vulnerable to injury when not wearing one, but I can also see the cons of wearing one to. I guess at least they have a law for those 18 and younger this is probably a good idea as this age group is the least experienced.

Towncop to your question on the numbers 3 of the deaths were those in the charity ride where the car went into them, the 4th is still being investigated as far as the cause, and the 5th in Ripley Co. was a 64 year old man and his wife riding and they slowed down due to a car turning in front of them and the truck behind them didn't notice they were slowed almost to a stop unitl to late and hit them the man died and woman was aircared. Here's a few good links that I found in regards to this.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local/story...4-33af04c6dbe8

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local/story...9-bd6d8c047aab

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local/story...9-bd6d8c047aab

Comment

Please no helmet law! I ride and have been riding for a few years now, and helmets are great for long or highway riding. I don't wear one in town. It does restrict my vision and hearing. And in town that is when I need it the most!! With all my five senses at there highest I can avoid most idiots that don't see me. All though I do make sure I ride on the high pipe if I am going through a dangerous intersection. LOUD PIPES SAVES LIVES!!! If you can't see me you sure will hear me!
                              Originally posted by Smurfette_76
                              You will always be disappointed when you expect rational behavior from irrational people.
                              "I always carry a pen in my but, because you never know when things are going to crack off."
                              Unnamed inmate VCJ

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5749 users online. 323 members and 5426 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X