Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Town Marshal's

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Town Marshal's

    Just wanting to know how many Town Marshal's are out there and what the general feelings are amoung all of us here about them

  • #2
    Are you being facetious?
    Your mom...

    Comment


    • #3
      but on your profile it says you are Chief of Police, yet you don't know what a town marshall is...im just flabbergasted
      Your mom...

      Comment


      • #4
        Marshal is spelled with one l, not two. Two l's are for the name Marshall.
        That's what they do, it's a trailer park.

        Comment


        • #5
          um........clr
          Your mom...

          Comment


          • #6
            Since this is a spelling bee now. Opinion is spelled like so....not opinoin
            Your mom...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Christyle View Post
              Since this is a spelling bee now. Opinion is spelled like so....not opinoin
              Ok kids....your next word is:
              dysfibrogenemia

              Need me to to use that in a sentence for you?

              Comment


              • #8
                *holds hands by mouth to help pronounce word*

                May I have the definition please?
                Your mom...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Christyle View Post
                  *holds hands by mouth to help pronounce word*

                  May I have the definition please?
                  dysfibrogenemia=A rare blood disorder....haha, my sister-in-law has it, so I figured, hey, this will be a good word for the spelling bee. Good luck kids!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Outshined
                    What's a Town Marshall?
                    A Town Marshal is a sworn officer employed by a town that has not more than one marshal and two deputies. By state law they are only required to attend an eight week basic training program. Graduates of this program are certified officers with full arrest powers. However they are restricted to departments of 3 members or less in size in Indiana. Those who are later hired by larger departments must then complete the 15-week basic course.
                    Approval rating are nearing Jimmy Carter status!!!!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by medic cop View Post
                      Just wanting to know how many Town Marshal's are out there and what the general feelings are amoung all of us here about them
                      A Cop is Cop. We all bleed the same color blood. Why even start this thread?
                      Approval rating are nearing Jimmy Carter status!!!!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The reason I am asking is that there seems to be some questions/issues from some of the officers from larger departments about what a Marshal is and if they are even COPS so I just wanted to get the general feeling of other COPS. If the truth be known the Marshal's have more power than the officers from the larger departments. Yes we do only have a 8 week basic course and we are restricted to a dept of not more than 3 paid officers but as it has been stated we are still COPS out here every day dueing the same jobs as everyone else. So this was just a question not to make anyone upset or anything like that.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by medic cop View Post
                          The reason I am asking is that there seems to be some questions/issues from some of the officers from larger departments about what a Marshal is and if they are even COPS so I just wanted to get the general feeling of other COPS. If the truth be known the Marshal's have more power than the officers from the larger departments. Yes we do only have a 8 week basic course and we are restricted to a dept of not more than 3 paid officers but as it has been stated we are still COPS out here every day dueing the same jobs as everyone else. So this was just a question not to make anyone upset or anything like that.
                          I'm still on your side on this but I wouldn't call it more power. It's just that you can enforce Federal and State Laws and Local and County ordinances.
                          Approval rating are nearing Jimmy Carter status!!!!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Outshined
                            It doesn't say SMART Chief of Police now does it.
                            hahahahah oh stop!
                            Your mom...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by medic cop View Post
                              Just wanting to know how many Town Marshal's are out there and what the general feelings are amoung all of us here about them
                              Not sure on the exact numbers. ILEA could tell you with no problem. I work one of my jobs as a part time deputy marshal and I am thrilled to do so. Due to that job I have a inside look at a lot of them. With any dept. you have the worthless and the outstanding. Marshal Dept's are no exception. I do believe that a person doing this job for little or no money and even less recognition, has to be doing it for the right reasons. Some of the most talented,fearless officers I know are from small town marshal Dept's with limited budgets. I know of one that operates on a $3000.00 budget. Yea $3000.00. It just does cover insurance on the used vehicles they procured their selfs. They don't do it for a title or a badge. They do it for their community. They do it cheerfully and do it well with stats that rival much bigger full time Dept's. The state penalizes them by not letting them have project money. (full time only) If you or your dept. has surplus equipment, give a smaller dept a call. I would bet they could use it. Wanna help more? Join the Indiana Town Marshals Assoc. They have their own web site and becoming a member helps keep training costs down etc. Town Marshals are a important part of this states heritage, and thankfully, they aren't going away any time soon.
                              "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 158241 users online. 123 members and 158118 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Today.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X