300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chargers

I have noticed some departments switching their fleet to the Dodge Charger. Anyones department on here go to the charger yet? If so, what are your opinions compared to the crown vic. I personally like the look of the charger better than the crown vic, just wondering if the perform as good as they look.
    Last edited by BR2125; 06-07-2007, 05:15 PM. Reason: used same word twice

Originally posted by BR2125 View Post
    I have noticed some departments switching their fleet to the Dodge Charger. Anyone ones department on here go to the charger yet? If so, what are your opinions compared to the crown vic. I personally like the look of the charger better than the crown vic, just wondering if the perform as good as they look.
    We just got a fleet of Chargers but they are not on the street yet. I am getting anxious to try them out. The main reason we got them is because that were $2,000 cheaper than Crown Vics.

Comment

Originally posted by Ten Six View Post
      We just got a fleet of Chargers but they are not on the street yet. I am getting anxious to try them out. The main reason we got them is because that were $2,000 cheaper than Crown Vics.
      Yeah, I heard they were cheaper, which amazed me. Which look do you like better?

Comment

Originally posted by BR2125 View Post
        Yeah, I heard they were cheaper, which amazed me. Which look do you like better?
        I don't know... I haven't decided.

Comment

Austin PD has at least one. Where are the Scott Countians to chime in?
          I miss you, Dave.
          http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

We have one, and are "supposed" to be getting a lease deal where we get a new fleet every three years. The Charger we have is the HEMI V-8, its black and white, slick top, decked out with LED's. No Complaints. Fastest car I have ever rode in. While patrolling and during stop and go's it only uses Four Cylinders, but when it's go time she's using all 8.The motor is so large that battery is in the trunk.
            Last edited by Prez0304; 06-07-2007, 06:52 PM.
            Approval rating are nearing Jimmy Carter status!!!!!

Comment

For some reason I can't quote on here, everytime I try it sends me to the page that says that I do not have permission to access this page and asks me for my login information. Any suggestion's anyone?

Comment

The battery is in the trunk due to the heat of the engine. The car company have been doing that as of late. Mercedes Benz has been doing that for years. It prolongs the life of the battery.
                That's what they do, it's a trailer park.

Comment

That may be.....I dont know. Have you seen under the hood of one of the V-8's? There is no where in there they could have placed a battery. I bet working on those beast's suck.
                  Last edited by Prez0304; 06-09-2007, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AvalancheZ71 View Post
                    The battery is in the trunk due to the heat of the engine. The car company have been doing that as of late. Mercedes Benz has been doing that for years. It prolongs the life of the battery.
                    It's also a weight distribution thing to improve handling. More weight over the rear tires helps it hook better.
                    I miss you, Dave.
                    http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6096 users online. 313 members and 5783 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X