300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plainfield Police Dept.

Well Plainfield is hiring. Just a thread for those who are seeking new employment or for those migrate cops who like to switch departments every 3 or 4 years

Here it is in a cut down version. Click on O.Com's 20 newest posted jobs for the rest.

The Plainfield Metropolitan Police Department is once again seeking highly qualified candidates for the position of full-time police officers.
    Our recruitment process currently has four (4) to seven (7) full-time openings for 2007-2008.

We are still a small town community with about 23,000 residents and have a force of 45 full-time officers and 10 reserve officers.

The Town of Plainfield offers an employment package of $33,670 for probationary officers, which increases to $36,998 for second-class officers and $43,420 for first-class patrol officers.

The town also offers a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance. The department offers a take-home car program for all full-time officers who are in compliance with the residency policy.

Deadline for application in the current process is June 25, 2007 by 5:00 p.m. All applications received after that date will be kept on file for one (1) year and destroyed at that time unless the application is updated and the applicant requests that the application be kept one more year.

The written and agility test will be given on Saturday, June 30, 2007 at 8:00 a.m. at the Plainfield High School.

Contact Support Services for more information, 317-838-3565.
    Approval rating are nearing Jimmy Carter status!!!!!

been there done that. My personal opinion on plainfield is dont waste your time. Question. Why does a dpt their size refer to themselves as plainfield metropolitan police department. Plainfield isnt exactly a large area.
    Im pretty much amazing. Just ask anyone about me, im kinda a big deal. I have many leather bound books and my house smells rich of mahogany.

Comment

Originally posted by pc2761 View Post
      been there done that. My personal opinion on plainfield is dont waste your time. Question. Why does a dpt their size refer to themselves as plainfield metropolitan police department. Plainfield isnt exactly a large area.
      There may be a better explanation out there, but I believe that the common (not dictionary) definition of metropolitan is of a larger area containing a city and it's immediate vicinity. For example, a school district near where I grew up was named ****** Metropolitan School District despite the fact that it included most of a town of ~8,000 and a small amount of the surrounding area.

So to me, the Department's moniker would mean that they cover the City of Plainfield and some of the areas directly adjacent.
      Last edited by PUman00; 06-07-2007, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PUman00 View Post
        There may be a better explanation out there, but I believe that the common (not dictionary) definition of metropolitan is of a larger area containing a city and it's immediate vicinity. For example, a school district near where I grew up was named ****** Metropolitan School District despite the fact that it included most of a town of ~8,000 and a small amount of the surrounding area.

So to me, the Department's moniker would mean that they cover the City of Plainfield and some of the areas directly adjacent.
        I remember when they included "metro" in their title. I assumed it was for the same reason you cited. A metropolis is generally a community’s hub of commerce, employment, schools, etc. that serves its surrounding suburban areas. The term doesn’t necessarily imply a heavily populated region.

Comment

Hey Ten six. I know your gonna laugh when I tell this. I work for a town with approx. 5000 people in it. We have 6 full-time Police Officers and 10 reserves........were are a Metropolitan Police Department....... just ask Towncop he know's all about it.

Thats all gonna change in 2008 though. We just became a third class city and voted in our first mayor.

Comment

Originally posted by Prez0304 View Post
            Hey Ten six. I know your gonna laugh when I tell this. I work for a town with approx. 5000 people in it. We have 6 full-time Police Officers and 10 reserves........were are a Metropolitan Police Department....... just ask Towncop he know's all about it.

Thats all gonna change in 2008 though. We just became a third class city and voted in our first mayor.
            Nah... a cop is a cop.

Comment

Everyone that has went to the Academy through this department gets r***ed on at ILEA. They blast us about being a "METRO" and there only being 6 people on the department. You probably know what department I'm talking about 10-6, but if ya don't PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Prez0304 View Post

Darn..slow down there, 5000, whewwww!!!!
                Last edited by pc2761; 06-08-2007, 08:39 AM. Reason: my uncontrolable foul mouth
                Im pretty much amazing. Just ask anyone about me, im kinda a big deal. I have many leather bound books and my house smells rich of mahogany.

Comment

The reason some departments use the word "Metropolitan" in their titles is because of state statue. If they are governed by a board of police commissioners, and not a Board of Public Words and Safety, that police commission (by definition) is a board of "Metropolitan Police Commissioners." That's why some town's use this moniker.

No charge for that information.
                  Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Damn..slow down there, 5000, whewwww!!!!
                    Be nice Nadster.......remember what we've talked about when it comes to size of a city/town!
                    Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

Comment

Damn..slow down there, 5000, whewwww!!!!
                      Um...no cussing!
                      Your mom...

Comment

Begin Geek Mode.
                        Alright, I actually researched the word "Metropolitan." It's root words are Greek for "Mother City" and according to The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition it means: adj.

Of, relating to, or characteristic of a major city: crowded metropolitan streets; a metropolitan newspaper.
                        Of or constituting a large city or urbanized area, including adjacent suburbs and towns: the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area; a metropolitan county.
                        Of, relating to, or constituting the home territory of an imperial or colonial state.
                        Of or relating to an ecclesiastical metropolitan.

End Geek Mode.
                        I miss you, Dave.
                        http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Originally posted by towncop View Post
                          Be nice Nadster.......remember what we've talked about when it comes to size of a city/town!

sorry. Nothing against small towns/citites, I just feel size matters..aint that right christyle

Comment

sorry. Nothing against small towns/citites, I just feel size matters..aint that right christyle
                            What in the world is that supposed to mean? You may want to elaborate on that? You better have your guns ready!
                            Your mom...

Comment

OOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGG........will you EVER learn? Cops are cops. If you can police in a large city, you can police in a small town - AND - vice versa!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5621 users online. 336 members and 5285 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X