300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Great debate...

Just because it's fun to see what everyone's preferences are, and it's 5a, and it's a dead night, and well I found a Wi-Fi spot...

What's everyone's preference; SiG, Glock, SW... etc, for a duty pistol. I'm just curious to see what everyone says.

I'm a SiG fan personally. Just feels more like a gun than a Glock. Although, I like how the new Smith M&P's feel.

Let the debate begin.

My preference is my old S&W 686 .357. I’ve carried a Glock for 14 years and I haven’t had a scrap of trouble.

Comment

Yeah, we carry Glock 23s right now, haven't had any trouble, probably just a mental thing, but I think I shoot better with a Sig....

Our department is half debating going to a P220 .45 and ditching the .40 Glocks.

Comment

We carry SIG P226 in 9mm. We debated 9mm VS. .40 Cal but we all agreed that the 9mm is a very effective round. My personal opinion is that it really doesn't matter what caliber (I.E. .357, 9mm, 40, 45,) its all about shot placement.
        Approval rating are nearing Jimmy Carter status!!!!!

Comment

We use the glock 22, not too bad, but I think i'd prefer the 23 over the 22. There have been rumors, and i'm sure they are just that, about switching to the glock .45 GAP, which would be amazing in my opinion.

Comment

I'd carry my Springfield 1911 if allowed to, but have to carry the Glock. A 1911 points better, feels more comfortable, has a MUCH better trigger, and is harder to be turned against you in a gun-grab.

I also prefer a larger round. We carry .40S&W, which I'm satisified with, but would be even happier with a .45 ACP. Of course shot placement is important but shot placement isn't going to be perfect in a high stress dynamic situation. Even if the bigger round helps an extra .1% that's still an edge and you may be that 1 in a 1000 that it helped.
            I miss you, Dave.
            http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Order of preference, Springfield XD .45, Glock 22 & Sig 229 are a tie, 1911, Sig 228, Taurus .357

Comment

There is a new one out there I'd like to try, FN Herstal makes a 5.7mm, it's the same round that is fired from the P90. According to the info sheets it holds 20 rounds.

Comment

Yeah sure...

Laker-

If that chief of yours switches you guys to Sigs...he might not be as brain dead as I thought! Next thing you know, he'll actually get you guys shotguns or patrol rifles!

Comment

Heck he'll retire before that ever happens..... don't get me started on the rifle/shotgun issue, you know it all to well where I am.

Comment

Well we carry these Junk Beretta 96, 40 cal. I like the Sig 220, 45 or the 226 9mm. If I had a choice it would be the 220. how do you Officers feel about the Beretta 40 cal. I can't shot the thing and I shot expert with the 92 9mm. I just think that Beretta dropped the ball with the 96.????

Comment

Never shot the Beretta, but everyone I talk to liked them about like you do 3RD

Comment

Glock 22 is still the best model out there. Tarus makes a decent back up.

Comment

Look at it this way, you can shoot all day and then clean your GLOCK in the DISHWASHER.
                            Approval rating are nearing Jimmy Carter status!!!!!

Comment

Yeah that just screams "toy" to me... hahah. Just something about the all metal frames that just make a gun a gun to me.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4217 users online. 206 members and 4011 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X