X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LT_Corrections
    Forum Member
    • May 2007

Signal 30's

I have recently been offered a job that would put me in the "Marion County Special Deputy" catagory. I would be loosing some income and would need to make it up by taking on special details. My question would be..does anyone have suggestions of where to find some desent paying Signal 30's?
  • BR2125
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by LT_Corrections
    I have recently been offered a job that would put me in the "Marion County Special Deputy" catagory. I would be loosing some income and would need to make it up by taking on special details. My question would be..does anyone have suggestions of where to find some desent paying Signal 30's?
    There are sooo many..you just have to get through the academy, wait your time, and they will come. Will you be working for county? If it's for a security company, you only have powers on duty, just 10-43.

Comment

• IMPDNE
      Forum Member
      • Jan 2007

Signal 30, 10-43...doesn't anyone use plain English any more???

Comment

• pc2761
        difference maker
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by IMPDNE

signal 30 would be a traffic stop, thank you very much
        Im pretty much amazing. Just ask anyone about me, im kinda a big deal. I have many leather bound books and my house smells rich of mahogany.

Comment

• LT_Corrections
          Forum Member
          • May 2007

Originally posted by BR2125
          There are sooo many..you just have to get through the academy, wait your time, and they will come. Will you be working for county? If it's for a security company, you only have powers on duty, just 10-43.
          It would be for a private employer that sends you to the Special Deputy School. My thought was I could get hired at some place like Eagle and work special details.

Comment

• IMPDNE
            Forum Member
            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by pc2761
            signal 30 would be a traffic stop, thank you very much
            Thats why I'm wondering if anyone uses English any more. At BPD it was Signal 27, at IMPD it's "control put me out on traffic...", at Metro Nashville it was 10-93. It's not the same at every department, so why use signals and 10-codes?

Comment

• LT_Corrections
              Forum Member
              • May 2007

yes you have a point...guess its become a habit...

Comment

• BR2125
                Forum Member
                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by LT_Corrections
                It would be for a private employer that sends you to the Special Deputy School. My thought was I could get hired at some place like Eagle and work special details.
                Well..as a business special, you would only have police powers while on duty. If you're going to go through the academy, work for county, the pay sucks realllly bad, but it's very easy to make up in part time work. I came from another county, took about a 5k pay cut, and am making more up here now with part time. Not to mention, you get set up with a courtsey officer job, thats a free apartment most places. If you have questions just PM me.

Comment

• Christyle
                  Snidely Facetious
                  • Jan 2007

Sig 27...here. Is a traffic stop. We do not have a Sig 30. It goes from 29 to 31. Also, we aren't supposed to use codes anymore. Plain English per Chiefs orders
                  Your mom...

Comment

• Ten Six

Originally posted by Christyle
                    Sig 27...here. Is a traffic stop. We do not have a Sig 30. It goes from 29 to 31. Also, we aren't supposed to use codes anymore. Plain English per Chiefs orders
                    Same here... No code or signals. When did use them, signal 30 was "extra patrol".

Comment

• Ten Six

10-1, 10-9

Comment

• Christyle
                        Snidely Facetious
                        • Jan 2007

Hahaha!
                        Your mom...

Comment

• Ten Six

Thats why I'm wondering if anyone uses English any more. At BPD it was Signal 27, at IMPD it's "control put me out on traffic...", at Metro Nashville it was 10-93. It's not the same at every department, so why use signals and 10-codes?
                          Yeah... There were two different PD's in Bloomngton that used different codes and signals.

Comment

• bigpoppaproppy
                            Forum Member
                            • Oct 2006

here sig 27 is traffic stop, sig 30 is a special assignment, eg: overtime pay event
                            Last edited by bigpoppaproppy; 06-04-2007, 03:00 AM.

Comment

• laker_cj
                              Forum Member
                              • Apr 2007

I'm slowly starting to agree with the notion we all should just go to plain english. My head is spinning from all the different signals and codes I've read in this thread alone.

One example I can think of as an example, I know that in some areas in Northern IN 10-78 is a cry for some major assistance, where as here in Indy now we use Code 1. Not that many people from either area would be in the other, but just a what-if...
                              Last edited by laker_cj; 06-04-2007, 01:33 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 19766 users online. 36 members and 19730 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...