300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Park Ranger vs. IPSPD

What are your thoughts about both? I have no intention of going to either I just wanted to know the forums opinion about both

Originally posted by boeingleo View Post
    What are your thoughts about both? I have no intention of going to either I just wanted to know the forums opinion about both
    Park Ranger:
    I'd say one of the easiest ways to get a take home car with the special deputy academy. Well, that is if you can get on over there...They actually run traffic, and assist IMPD with certain runs. Your main job description though, is policing the Indy Parks. Seems like a pretty decent deal, pay isn't bad, and you get a nice take home. The biggest negative to me are those awful green uniforms you get to wear.

IPSPD:
    Again, a very easy way to get ILEA Basic certified. As for your duties...get ready to be a security guard with Police across your shoulder. When you go off duty, your police powers dissapear. Seems as if they want intervention rather than arrests, even if the arrest is what needs to happen. You don't get a take home, and again, with the uniform, kinda looks like a janitor with a duty belt. The best thing about it is you get ILEA certified, and can lateral to about any department with that certification. They don't make you sign a contract as far a I know, even if they did, they aren't worth the paper they are written on.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, do not think I am putting either of these places down. They both have good and bad points, as with any agency, yes including mine. I'd personally do Park Ranger over IPSPD for the take home. Seems like the pay is around the same, hovering around the 30k range.

Comment

Park Ranger would seem like a good gig, Seems low in pay for that kind of work though..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3144 users online. 155 members and 2989 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X