300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloomington Police

For anyone interested....Bloomington PD is doing an emergency hiring for 3 officers that will begin on July 9. It's for certified officers only and I think the process starts on like June 16. Just an FYI.
    Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

bloomington

I totally understand why a dpt would conduct a hiring process for those already ilea certified,(cost) however why would you specify "sworn only". I personally dont have a interest in BPD, but would it not border some type of discrimination to specify that only a certain group are allowed to apply? I would think they would at least do what most other smaller dpts do which is conduct the process, even though the ones they want have already been selected.
    Im pretty much amazing. Just ask anyone about me, im kinda a big deal. I have many leather bound books and my house smells rich of mahogany.

Comment

Originally posted by pc2761 View Post
      I totally understand why a dpt would conduct a hiring process for those already ilea certified,(cost) however why would you specify "sworn only". I personally dont have a interest in BPD, but would it not border some type of discrimination to specify that only a certain group are allowed to apply? I would think they would at least do what most other smaller dpts do which is conduct the process, even though the ones they want have already been selected.
      That isn’t discrimination. It’s no different than requiring a college degree.

Comment

I understand that it doesnt meet the legal criteria for discrimination( race, sex, religion, age, disability) I do not however see how they abbreviate the process, other than limiting the number of eligible applicants. What step in a police departments hiring process is not worth implementing because the applicant is already a sworn officer?
        Im pretty much amazing. Just ask anyone about me, im kinda a big deal. I have many leather bound books and my house smells rich of mahogany.

Comment

I don't think it's about steps in the hiring process, it's about getting the officers on the street ASAP. No need for ILEA, and probably an abbreviated FTO.

Comment

I was told by the recruiter that the reason they want "sworn only" is because if you are currently working, it will make a background check 100% easier, which it will. Check with the department, see if the guy/gal is in good standing. This can also eliminate the need for a B/S polygraph.

For this process, it's only an agility test, interview, and brief background. Make it through that, and you're sworn in on July 9.

And no, in no way is this discrimination.

The last time Bloomington PD did a "sworn only" process, it was interview, background, and get sworn in. He told me that this time, with all due respect, they don't want any other department's "fatties" which is why the agility test was put in. And honestly, that makes perfect sense.
            Last edited by towncop; 06-01-2007, 12:34 PM.
            Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

Comment

no fatties huh?? it is what it is...i dont take it personal...for the record, im 6'1 250, run a decent clip, and bench 150% of my body weight..familyman on the other hand, is a whole lot of man but i got love for him

Comment

Who is the recruiter?

Comment

Originally posted by IMPDNE View Post
                  Who is the recruiter?

Comment

pc271 you bench 375 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF that is outragous! I am 6'3" 230 lbs and pretty stout I am doing well to hit 90% of my body weight. I can bench 200 lbs if I push it but I injured myself doing it. Man I have to call BS on you nadster urr pc271
                    Originally posted by Smurfette_76
                    You will always be disappointed when you expect rational behavior from irrational people.
                    "I always carry a pen in my but, because you never know when things are going to crack off."
                    Unnamed inmate VCJ

Comment

Originally posted by IMPDNE View Post
                      Who is the recruiter?
                      A brick-poop house himself! He's a beast. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by towncop View Post
                        A brick-poop house himself! He's a beast. LOL.
                        Yeah he's a stout fellow, but I wouldn't exactly call him a "beast". Maybe if he stopped shaving his arms and legs....

Comment

Originally posted by bigj8550 View Post
                          pc271 you bench 375 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF that is outragous! I am 6'3" 230 lbs and pretty stout I am doing well to hit 90% of my body weight. I can bench 200 lbs if I push it but I injured myself doing it. Man I have to call BS on you nadster urr pc271
                          Why is that so hard to believe? you can call bs if you want. If i was 6' 3" 230 and barely get 200 i would probably keep that to myself if i was a rather athletic(?????) le hopeful. heres a tip...more weight less reps p*&^% boy urr..bigj

Comment

Ok pc271 I am calling BS because anyone who works out knows that if you are pushing 375 and weighing in at 250 lbs you body fat index would have to be close to 6% That is not practical! Second if you are pushing 375 then you would have to be close in size to crusaderzim. Now he is a big guy!!! I will try to find a pic.

Found the thread I was looking for check this out. Are you that big? This guy is pushing 325 in 8 sets. He maxed out at 405lbs. So YES I CALL BS prove it!
                            http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65684
                            Last edited by bigj8550; 06-01-2007, 10:17 PM. Reason: Added link
                            Originally posted by Smurfette_76
                            You will always be disappointed when you expect rational behavior from irrational people.
                            "I always carry a pen in my but, because you never know when things are going to crack off."
                            Unnamed inmate VCJ

Comment

Originally posted by bigj8550 View Post
                              Ok pc271 I am calling BS because anyone who works out knows that if you are pushing 375 and weighing in at 250 lbs you body fat index would have to be close to 6% That is not practical! Second if you are pushing 375 then you would have to be close in size to crusaderzim. Now he is a big guy!!! I will try to find a pic.

Found the thread I was looking for check this out. Are you that big? This guy is pushing 325 in 8 sets. He maxed out at 405lbs. So YES I CALL BS prove it!
                              http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65684

Realizing you are from E-ville, I will break it down for you. First off a guru like you should know weight x max bench = body fat percentage is not a valid formula.Secondly, crusaderzim is a big boy. A fitness expert like you would know that someone who is between 5'8"-5'9" will in MOST cases pack on muscle, especially upper body quicker than someone who4-5 inches taller...If you take a 5'8 220 frame like crusaderzim and put that weight on a 6'1 frame, although impressive, the mass will not be as visible. If you get some free time, watch a world strongest man comp on espn, espn 2, hell, watch the ocho....some of those men are 6'5, 280+ pulling tractors.....so lets see 6'5 280 pulling tractor rig that means their bmi should be -15..yeah that sounds about right..i frequently spot a guy who is in his mid 50's, and can max out 400+, and hes about 215 on a good day...bottom line American Health and Fitness 4150 Illinois Rd. Fort Wayne In, 46804..tx 260-496-7141..mostly m-f approx 1930 hrs if you would like a demonstration. I am willing to travel E-ville for a demo but gas is a mug right now....Im done, will now return this thread to its initial purpose..anyone know what kind of pay scale bpd offers?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6510 users online. 363 members and 6147 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X