300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake County Sheriffs Department Process

Hello, I am new to the Lake County Sheriffs hiring process and have a few questions regarding it. First things first, I am assuming that due to the civil unrest as of late more and more people are changing their minds of wanting to be the police. I took my physical agility test for Lake county a few weeks ago and roughly only 50-60 people showed up. I believe there were 91 applicants that were supposed to go due to the number of people that were on the email. And for the written exam only 39 people showed up.

My first question-how long is their hiring process? I know many departments take months or even a 1 to have you complete most of the steps depending on the number of applicants they have. 2nd question- is the interview with a panel of individuals? 3rd: how many applicants do they hire from their list? 4th- do they rank on your test score or an accumulation of test score and interview score?

Thank you for your time to whom every responds.

Was this process for correctional officer or sheriff?

Comment

• Rf4
      Rf4 commented
      Editing a comment
      For the sheriff.

Any idea how long the process is for Sheriff? Also if you ever heard about working the jail? Thanks

Comment

Lake county sheriff process usually takes about 5-6 months. Now they usually get the list up about 2 weeks from the oral interviews. The oral interviews will be a panel of top guys from the department. They will add your score from the oral interview and the written test and rank everyone. Now here is the kicker...Lake county is one of the most political departments out there. If you don't know anyone its gonna be difficult. If there are 30 people on the list, they will not go in order. If they have 5 open positions, the sheriff could pick 25-30 if he wants, or if you know somebody they can play politics and your number will be called. It kinda sucks because you can have 100 on the written and 100 on the interview and might not get called. It depends on how many open positions and how many people got the "hook up". Officers and top guys on the department can easily go to the sheriff and say hey my son or cousin or neighbor or nephew is on the list. That's how they work there, not that you dont have a chance because you never know. I've scored in the top 5 a few times and never got called. Oh and the list lasts a year.
      Last edited by Romenn; 06-29-2020, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Has anyone heard anything from the Sheriff’s department after the interviews in early July? I haven’t heard anything since then.

Comment

What rommen said. Very political. Don’t expect a call unless you know someone.

Comment

They just posted another hiring ad is it still pretty political over there?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3664 users online. 205 members and 3459 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X