300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MCSD to Park Ranger

Why dont more MCSD that work in the CCB make the move to Park Ranger when it is posted? It seems like it would be a better job. Take home car and outside in the weather? Any comments? Any info about a Park Ranger from any current Park Rangers?

Not too long ago, the park superintendent was trying to strip the rangers of their police powers. I was watching a TV news interview where he said “They (rangers) are no different than janitors”.

Comment

A) Because of the parks director it's a hostile work environment.
      B) You need to learn, Indianapolis-Marion County is highly political, 90% of the time, the person they want is already known, but they are following the law and policy by posting it to the public. Park Ranger is becoming a retired merit deputy-IPD officer job. Few if any neebies can get on.
      C) Most do apply, but because of B, most don't get considered.

Comment

I see why they keep posting it see that is why I come to the forum to get the real info. Retired IPD job hmm that makes sense. I have been seeing alot more Park Rangers latley

Comment

A little of my email correspondance with Major Mattingly of the Park Rangers. I thought you all would be interested in the info, even though it appears we newbs don't stand much of a chance.

Mr. *******,

*******************************************. Currently there is one position with anticipation of revisiting our full time manpower needs for the 2008 budget process.

Good luck in your process.

Major John L. Mattingly
          Administrator - Indianapolis Park Rangers
          DPR Risk Management Coordinator
          There is no greater love - than that of a man - that will give his life for another.

If God carried a gun - it would be a 1911

Comment

Originally posted by 3Charles501 View Post
            A) Because of the parks director it's a hostile work environment.
            B) You need to learn, Indianapolis-Marion County is highly political, 90% of the time, the person they want is already known, but they are following the law and policy by posting it to the public. Park Ranger is becoming a retired merit deputy-IPD officer job. Few if any neebies can get on.
            C) Most do apply, but because of B, most don't get considered.
            you forgot one reason. The park rangers are a joke.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5346 users online. 296 members and 5050 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X