300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warsaw PD

Anyone else on O.com going to be going through this process? Written and Physical agilty are on the 20th of May.

Secondly, anyone have any specifics on the department? How many they may hire, and any other pro's/cons of the department?

Originally posted by laker_cj View Post
    Anyone else on O.com going to be going through this process? Written and Physical agilty are on the 20th of May.

Secondly, anyone have any specifics on the department? How many they may hire, and any other pro's/cons of the department?
    My uncle said it is a good department to work for. He knows a few people on the dept. I did apply but my wife took a job as a 911 call taker in Ft. Wayne which prevents her from leaving Allen county. You must reside in Warsaw or Kosciuscko county to be a patrolman.
    silentbutdeadly

Comment

Originally posted by reserveherbst View Post
      You must reside in Warsaw or Kosciuscko county to be a patrolman.
      That is not true. Indiana law states that if you work for a municipal police department, you can live in ANY county surrounding the jurisdiction which you work. This has been tried and upheld in Indiana Supreme Court too. One of the first cases dealt with the New Albany, Indiana police department. The involved officer fought the residency requirement and won.

Now, a department can tell you that they have a residency requirement and if you really want to work there, you can get hired, work your first year, and THEN after you get off of probation, BOOM! Move to where you want. Nothing they can do.
      Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Thanks for all the info... the PAT test didn't go to well for me... would've been nice had I known there was a bench press and obstacle course involved prior to going for the test. At least would have felt prepared. Oh well...

Comment

Originally posted by towncop View Post
          That is not true. Indiana law states that if you work for a municipal police department, you can live in ANY county surrounding the jurisdiction which you work. This has been tried and upheld in Indiana Supreme Court too. One of the first cases dealt with the New Albany, Indiana police department. The involved officer fought the residency requirement and won.

Now, a department can tell you that they have a residency requirement and if you really want to work there, you can get hired, work your first year, and THEN after you get off of probation, BOOM! Move to where you want. Nothing they can do.
          Thanks for correcting me, I was very tired that day that I typed that. If I don't know the answer to something I will not respond. I know that they cannot do anything. It has happened to me before for at a dept. They wanted me to move there in the county but I just had a house built and just moved in so I dropped out. The sherriff informed me about that law in my interview, but stated that he prefer that I live in the county that I work. I don't blame him, better response time if you live where you work.
          silentbutdeadly

Comment

That law does not apply to a sheriff's department. They CAN require you to live in the county in which you work.
            Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5639 users online. 303 members and 5336 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X