300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• info on written test

I am wondering what the written tests consist of? Are they all the same or each department have there onw. Thanks

memeory memory and more memory

Comment

Excise's written test was comically easy, I thought. It was an Adult Basic Learning Education exam. It consisted of reading comprehension, spelling/grammar, and basic algebra.

However, from what I have heard, this is definitely on the easier end of the spectrum.
      "You can just go ahead and common sense your way out of this conundrum!"

Comment

Originally posted by GentleGiant View Post
        basic algebra.

However, from what I have heard, this is definitely on the easier end of the spectrum.

ANY kind of algebra SUCKS. I'd never put algebra and "easy" in the same paragraph, lol. Anyway, they type of test that IMPD/ISP and most other departments utilize are SO FREAKIN' SIMPLE. You study a book for like 1.5 hours. It has wanted posters, crime scene photos, and basic blueprints of homes/offices where a crime was committed. You try to remember as much as you can.

Once you begin the test, usually allowed 2 hours, they also throw in some BASIC grammar, and some type of "fill in the forms" by using a supplemental book they give you. These tests are VERY, VERY easy. I've never scored lower than high 90's on any I've taken. Don't sweat 'em.
        Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

They vary, but I usually recommend Barron's study guide for police exams. It will show you the most common types and how to study for them. I don't think I would have done nearly as well on my writtens without the book and the memory tricks it teaches.
          I miss you, Dave.
          http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Of courst this is a personal way, but I found that taking the kind of test that most Indiana dept.'s use is by writing things down on the scratch paper. For example, on the wanted posters I try to associate the perps face with someone I know and then say what crime they committed.

On the spacial relationships, I draw the rooms out and go clockwise, trying to remember each detail. On the photos of gas stations that were robbed or accident scene, I do the same thing, draw them out and go clockwise.

This method has worked for me and given me exceptional scores on written tests. Now if I ever apply for a dept. that has MATH on the test.......forget about it. I'm done! I HATE math, lol.

How's life in the big city treating you Cruiser? So far, is IMPD all you thought it would be?
            Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Originally posted by towncop View Post

How's life in the big city treating you Cruiser? So far, is IMPD all you thought it would be?
              No complaints so far, and actually it's a bit better than I anticipated.
              I miss you, Dave.
              http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6736 users online. 345 members and 6391 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X