Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISP 68th Recruit Class

Continued discussion

87 people received conditional offers during the morning PAT session. About 20-25 people were taken into another room before the conditionals were handed out. I am assuming these 20-25 people received alternate offers.

During the orientation session, it was stated that they were inviting 108 to the academy.

If anyone hears anything regarding the medicals, let us know!

MIGUY:Well. There were two people called out before my whole group from the 1 o'clock testing were told we were all alternates, so I assume those two got conditionals. As far as the 20ish people that had conditionals in the morning that failed the PAT, I heard some guy ask one of the Troopers there if that means 20 of us alternates would be moved up and the Trooper said he wasn't sure, that people that were receiving alternates may have already received Conditionals in it's place but he wasn't sure. So I don't know. Hopefully not and hopefully that means 20 of us will move up in our status. Either way, now it's the waiting game all over again. Does this mean that us alternates that pass the Med/Psych will get the list of stuff to bring to the academy just in case we are called up??

If it's anything like the 67th process no one will get a list of things to bring to the academy until around 3 or maybe 4 weeks before the academy starts. After, your Med/Psych evaluation you won't know anything right away, unless you're DQ'd for a medical reason. They'll then let you know via email if you've been selected to attend the academy and have attachments on there of your Policy Book, Direct Deposit Form, list of things you'll need, etc. I hope this helps and again Good Luck to those of you still in.

Comment

Also, be aware that it has been known for people to pass the PAT, medical and psych evals and still not get the official invite to the academy. My BGI confirmed this with me.

I'm sure this is very rare, but can happen.

Do not quit your jobs or start using large chunks of vacation/sick leave, etc. until that official letter arrives!!

Oh, and for those that were struggling with the 1.5 mile run, start running a BUNCH, like 10-15 miles week! There is a 5 mile run sometime during the first few days of the academy!

Comment

It helps to find yourself a running partner that is close to your running level. If you run with someone that is faster/ in better shape than you. Then you will be struggling to keep up. Not a good thing. Same for the other end of the spectrum. While if you and your partner is close the you can carry on a limited conversation while you run you are doing it right. If you feel that you can talk all day while running you are not working hard enough. While if you cann't talk at all you are working to hard.
        Originally posted by Smurfette_76
        You will always be disappointed when you expect rational behavior from irrational people.
        "I always carry a pen in my but, because you never know when things are going to crack off."
        Unnamed inmate VCJ

Comment

Mine is at 10:00am on 5/31. Have to report for uniform fitting at 6:00am first.

Comment

Well, June 7th is my date. I hope having a later date then most doesn't signify I'm farther down the list on the alternate list. Anyone have any insight for me on whom I should call to find out if I can be told where I am on the list? I have several contacts from the emails that have been sent out but I was unsure if there is anyone specific that I should talk to or that any of you have spoken to for other things that I should contact. Thanks for any and all help that is given.

Comment

Originally posted by MiGuy View Post
              Well, June 7th is my date. I hope having a later date then most doesn't signify I'm farther down the list on the alternate list. Anyone have any insight for me on whom I should call to find out if I can be told where I am on the list? I have several contacts from the emails that have been sent out but I was unsure if there is anyone specific that I should talk to or that any of you have spoken to for other things that I should contact. Thanks for any and all help that is given.
              They're going by applicant ID number order.

Comment

Did anyone else count the number of ID #s there were? I got 214 but I am not sure if lost my place in one spot or not LOL.

The list my husband got has IDs in order but the dates are not in order so I do not think they are going in ID order.

Comment

That's what I noticed too when I rechecked my email. The ID numbers were in order, but the dates/times weren't. Oh well. I can't do anything to change where I'm at so I guess I will attempt to sit patiently and hope for the best!

Comment

I see that too. Maybe they are going by last name. With mine being the 31st, that would make sense as I'm in about the middle.

Comment

In reference to a previous post you will do your 5 mile run the first day around evening time. Also, they won't tell you where you are on the alternate list just be ready to go at a moments notice. It can't be stressed enough though I know it's been repeated on here numerous times, but run, run, run. We ran more than 5 miles a day last week so just be prepared, because if you fall out they will let you know about it.

Comment

I would wait untill you are out of probation first. And check with your post commander.
                        Originally posted by Smurfette_76
                        You will always be disappointed when you expect rational behavior from irrational people.
                        "I always carry a pen in my but, because you never know when things are going to crack off."
                        Unnamed inmate VCJ

Comment

I'd say purchase it. To my knowledge, ISP isn't issuing rifles, however they are allowed to carry their own. This is second-hand information. Ask a troop in your area if you know any. This comes from 2 troops my area.

Comment

Originally posted by swmann2
                            I have a friend that wants to sell an M4 assault rifle to me, should I hold off because ISP will issue us a rifle or because I will get a police discount on one? Are Troopers even alowd to have assault rifles in their trunks?
                            You will only be issued a handgun and shotgun. I would wait to purchase it though because what we were told you have to wait until after your probationary year then you can purchase it, but you have to qualify with it to be able to carry it in your car. Qualifications are two times a year. They will issue you one if you become part of the ERT, which obviously wouldn't be until you put some time in. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by swmann2
                              does anyone know the degree of access we are going to have to state police firing ranges upon graduation? regular business hours only? 24/7 7 days a week? unsupervised? Are there restrictions of what type of weapons are alowd on the ranges? So basically what I am asking is, are .223 cal rifles authorized on most ranges and can we be on a range by ourself?

RIIIIIIIIIIGHT..... I don't think I would be worried with this at this point in your career.

I will tell you what the firearms instructor told several of us when we asked similar questions... WAIT till after you are off probation to get excited about extra stuff... Learn to be proficient with what you have and go from there.

As for range hours, they are going to be dependent on your district assignment. And there are only two time a year that you can qual with a rifle...

Sorry to be short, but it is nothing compared to what you will get when you get to recruit school!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6347 users online. 356 members and 5991 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X