Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxercop729
    replied
    Well since he is viewing this site and my response I will stay mute on this!
    I think that you mentioned the biggest problem with this county is that NO ONE CARES about the problems. While no place is perfect, I can not believe all the problems associated with this community.

Leave a comment:

• towncop
    replied
    I've thought about going back there. I really have. I mean our family is there. My son is there. But everytime we go back to visit, I realize how there are TRUELY no opportunities for us there. I mean Scottsuburg is nice and all, but Austin is a HOLE. It's trashy. And what's worse, no one there cares about it. It's like Cruiser said......You can't go home again. Besides, my wife absolutely HATES Scott County, with a passion!

After she graduated law school, she stayed and worked in Indy. So honestly, if we make a move, it has to be within about 30 minutes of Indy, either direction. And I don't know about your soon-to-be job at the Sheriff's department. I hear someone is already a shoe-in! LOL.

Leave a comment:

• AvalancheZ71
    replied
    Originally posted by Boxercop729 View Post
    Hey towncop you can always come back to you old stomping grounds? I can put in a good word for you with the Sheriff?

Leave a comment:

• Boxercop729
    replied
    Well I have a vacation planned and will start after that.(early June )
    Cruiser I know politics exist at all levels. However, you know how bad they are around here. I know I am making the right choice and feel good(except for my head) My wife is happy and we will be closer to her family as well. I think I just needed to vent last night and appreciate you guys responding. I know I am making the right call.
    Hey towncop you can always come back to you old stomping grounds? I can put in a good word for you with the Sheriff?

Leave a comment:

• CruiserClass
    replied
    I think you're making the right call. Like Thomas Wolfe said, "you can't go home again."

You and I were kind of in the same boat. I like Scottsburg well enough, but after traveling domestically and abroad, I just couldn't settle back down there either. There aren't the kind of opportunities there that you come to expect.

As far as politics, I can only tell you that every job, police or not, that has more than two employees has politics. You may not feel it as much with a larger department, but politics will always play a role.

Leave a comment:

• towncop
    replied
    When Do You Start?
    Last edited by towncop; 05-08-2007, 07:47 AM. Reason: Edited to protect the innocent!

Leave a comment:

• Boxercop729
    started a topic Resigned

Resigned

Here I set with a few bud lights in and I am thinking about my decision. I just resigned my position today and God what a tough call. I have lived here most of my life but I moved away for college. This was an extended trip and so much happened that I honestly believe I CHANGED. I think that I can not go back to my home. I have been a police officer for over 4 and had the unique opportunity to patrol the streets in my hometown. However after much deliberation I believe that my best interest is to move on and become a part of another community. This is a difficult decision and God knows that I have wrestled with this. My family lives here and I have friends that I have known since I was 5 years old. However I believe this is the best choice for my family. (Me and me Wife) I know that I will never advance much farther if I stay and that is not acceptable. I meet with my Sheriff today and gave the final word that I was moving on. However I need support in that a made the right decision. I am going to a great department in the state but feel uneasy in my decision.
    I believe that I am a good police officer but the political **** became too much to bear. I am from a small community of 30000 but we stay so busy due to the drug problem. I guess I just need support and belief that I am going to a larger department and that you can establish a new HOME after so many years. For a bet of info Wife is OK here but wants to go home(her home) and all I want is to be a COP. I am so tired of politics but hope this is a small department issue instead of law enforcement in general. (10 Officers) I am not young enough to change to many more times and hope this is HOME. However I thought that was the case when I bought this place. Sorry for the drunk ramble but I just need to know that I will be ok.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3388 users online. 236 members and 3152 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X