300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resigned

Here I set with a few bud lights in and I am thinking about my decision. I just resigned my position today and God what a tough call. I have lived here most of my life but I moved away for college. This was an extended trip and so much happened that I honestly believe I CHANGED. I think that I can not go back to my home. I have been a police officer for over 4 and had the unique opportunity to patrol the streets in my hometown. However after much deliberation I believe that my best interest is to move on and become a part of another community. This is a difficult decision and God knows that I have wrestled with this. My family lives here and I have friends that I have known since I was 5 years old. However I believe this is the best choice for my family. (Me and me Wife) I know that I will never advance much farther if I stay and that is not acceptable. I meet with my Sheriff today and gave the final word that I was moving on. However I need support in that a made the right decision. I am going to a great department in the state but feel uneasy in my decision.
    I believe that I am a good police officer but the political **** became too much to bear. I am from a small community of 30000 but we stay so busy due to the drug problem. I guess I just need support and belief that I am going to a larger department and that you can establish a new HOME after so many years. For a bet of info Wife is OK here but wants to go home(her home) and all I want is to be a COP. I am so tired of politics but hope this is a small department issue instead of law enforcement in general. (10 Officers) I am not young enough to change to many more times and hope this is HOME. However I thought that was the case when I bought this place. Sorry for the drunk ramble but I just need to know that I will be ok.

When Do You Start?
    Last edited by towncop; 05-08-2007, 06:47 AM. Reason: Edited to protect the innocent!
    Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

I think you're making the right call. Like Thomas Wolfe said, "you can't go home again."

You and I were kind of in the same boat. I like Scottsburg well enough, but after traveling domestically and abroad, I just couldn't settle back down there either. There aren't the kind of opportunities there that you come to expect.

As far as politics, I can only tell you that every job, police or not, that has more than two employees has politics. You may not feel it as much with a larger department, but politics will always play a role.
      I miss you, Dave.
      http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Well I have a vacation planned and will start after that.(early June )
        Cruiser I know politics exist at all levels. However, you know how bad they are around here. I know I am making the right choice and feel good(except for my head) My wife is happy and we will be closer to her family as well. I think I just needed to vent last night and appreciate you guys responding. I know I am making the right call.
        Hey towncop you can always come back to you old stomping grounds? I can put in a good word for you with the Sheriff?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxercop729 View Post
          Hey towncop you can always come back to you old stomping grounds? I can put in a good word for you with the Sheriff?
          That's what they do, it's a trailer park.

Comment

I've thought about going back there. I really have. I mean our family is there. My son is there. But everytime we go back to visit, I realize how there are TRUELY no opportunities for us there. I mean Scottsuburg is nice and all, but Austin is a HOLE. It's trashy. And what's worse, no one there cares about it. It's like Cruiser said......You can't go home again. Besides, my wife absolutely HATES Scott County, with a passion!

After she graduated law school, she stayed and worked in Indy. So honestly, if we make a move, it has to be within about 30 minutes of Indy, either direction. And I don't know about your soon-to-be job at the Sheriff's department. I hear someone is already a shoe-in! LOL.
            Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Well since he is viewing this site and my response I will stay mute on this!
              I think that you mentioned the biggest problem with this county is that NO ONE CARES about the problems. While no place is perfect, I can not believe all the problems associated with this community.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4737 users online. 236 members and 4501 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X