300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Att: Indiana LEO's Please View

Hey I found this link on AOL, and thought I would share it....Im curious to see the comments, considering this is a LE forum. LEO's please commit as to what you would have done!

http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles...00000001#video

I really think that situation could've been handled much better then it was. I see the reasoning behind the officer being upset seeing how she essentially fled from him, but on the other hand he didn't have to treat her the way that he did. She wasen't a threat to him so I don't understand the forcefulness. I also don't understand why if this happened Nov. 1 2006 why the deputy does not start his suspension until May 22.

Comment

OK I will jump in and fully expect others to disagree. I would have followed her to the ER (looks like it was close) and verified that her father was in fact having an EMERGENCY. You can always issue what paperwork you deem necessary at that time. I understand she should not have driven off and under NORMAL circumstances she would be hooked. I would hate to think that my father passed away and I failed to see him because someone had to issue a ticket. I would hate to think I caused someone else this pain. Just my opinion and for the record I have had similar issues with people flying to get to the ER. I have used my approach and experienced no problems.

Comment

What a punk cop. Should have gotten more.

Comment

The cop was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by MidCareer View Post
            What a punk cop. Should have gotten more.
            I agree the situation could have been handled differently, but I think going so far as to call the officer a "punk" is a little overboard. I watched the video attached to the post by AgentLowe, and it is obvious that some of it has been left out so that we couldn't see the entire interaction. The officer says after the second stop "I told you not to go anywhere" but that conversation isn't in the video that I saw. Just because the officer asked her for her license and registration doesn't mean he wasn't going to let her go with a warning after checking to make sure she was valid and didn't have any warrants. He apparently told her not to leave, and she chose not to heed the order. I totally understand that she has a need to get to the hospital to get to the hospital to be with her father, but it could have been handled differently by her as well.

As far as her being "manhandled", or the officer using excessive force, based on the video attached to the post I don't think what I saw met either of those labels.

Again, I am basing my comments on the video that is attached to the post. If I have the opportunity to view the entire stop I may have a different opinion.

Comment

I think the officer was a little ticked by the womans actions. Anyone who has been there knows what I'm speaking of. The last time I looked I did not see anything in the law that says you can speed and then flee from a LEO cause your dads having a heart attack. This type of thing is what makes people do this type of crap. This officer did not know what this woman was up to and you must asume the worst. The female was wrong and I would have charged her also. The sheriff and the D.A. in Florida sent the wrong message on this one.
              "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

What a punk cop. Should have gotten more. I think the DA and Sheriff in Florida should have sent a more stern message. We as police officers are supposed to SERVE the community, be compassionate at times. This cop's a thug.

Comment

Originally posted by MidCareer View Post
                  What a punk cop. Should have gotten more. I think the DA and Sheriff in Florida should have sent a more stern message. We as police officers are supposed to SERVE the community, be compassionate at times. This cop's a thug.
                  Come on man. IF that officer would of let her go, and come to find out she had a warrant out somewhere for 58, 56,etcc..he'd be suspended, or even terminated for trying to give someone a break. That officer was simply doing his job, and the civilian broke the law, and everyone wants to put the blame, responsibility on the individual who was doing what the tax payers pay him to do, which is do his job. People make stupid choices, and they cant accept the fact that they f*&^%$ up, and since the other individual involved happened to be an officer, and the incident was on camera, the media wants to run with it and make it an issue...its simple....dont run from the police and you dont have an issue.
                  Im pretty much amazing. Just ask anyone about me, im kinda a big deal. I have many leather bound books and my house smells rich of mahogany.

Comment

I'm with boxercop. You're fifteen feet from the ER. Verify her father is having an emergency. If she lied, hook her up. If her dad really is having an emergency, wish her best of luck and be on your way.

I know I've sped getting to family in the hospital and once getting family to the hospital. I would have lost a lot of respect and goodwill for anyone who wrote me for it.
                    I miss you, Dave.
                    http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

[QUOTE=CruiserClass;871219]I'm with boxercop. You're fifteen feet from the ER. Verify her father is having an emergency. If she lied, hook her up. If her dad really is having an emergency, wish her best of luck and be on your way.

I know I've sped getting to family in the hospital and once getting family to the hospital. I would have lost a lot of respect and goodwill for anyone who wrote me for it.[/QUOTE

I dont think he was even given the opportunity to write her, she decided to flee in a vehicle before he was able to get a response back from ncic...one would hope his intention was to run her and get her on her way with a warning...shes the one that raised the bar, not the officer.
                      Im pretty much amazing. Just ask anyone about me, im kinda a big deal. I have many leather bound books and my house smells rich of mahogany.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4743 users online. 252 members and 4491 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X