Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trucks Must Wear Seatbelts!!! It's About Time!!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trucks Must Wear Seatbelts!!! It's About Time!!

It's about time the state legislature finally did the right thing. Here's the link to the story:

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...OCAL/705030567

I kept getting tired every year of people calling, "Do I have to wear my seatbelt in my truck." LOL. Yeah, NOW you do. Of course this will all take effect July 1.
    Last edited by towncop; 05-03-2007, 11:32 PM.
    Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

what really stinks here,is,not the seat belt laws.i have seen eyeball to death...that they can save lives.the stink is the big DEAL made of the use of them..when our school buses do not have them.DUD>>>so is it for money?or for saftey?precious babies,do not require them????wow

Comment

Originally posted by casaundra View Post
      what really stinks here,is,not the seat belt laws.i have seen eyeball to death...that they can save lives.the stink is the big DEAL made of the use of them..when our school buses do not have them.DUD>>>so is it for money?or for saftey?precious babies,do not require them????wow
      They say school buses are designed so that the use of seatbelts is unescessary

I guess there is a zero gravity canister that opens when the bus rolls over to prevent the kids from tumbling all over the place and/or flying out the window.

Comment

Hey, I don't make the laws bro, I just enforce 'em. Take it up with your legislature!
        Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

Comment

I've always thought that Indiana's seatbelt laws were a little silly, but at least this is a step in the right direction I guess. I don't agree with the fact that they can no longer set up seatbelt checkpoints either. I thought that was very helpful in getting people to realize how important it is to wear one, but apparently people just don't want to take the time to stop for a few sec.

Comment

Originally posted by forensiccop View Post
            I've always thought that Indiana's seatbelt laws were a little silly, but at least this is a step in the right direction I guess. I don't agree with the fact that they can no longer set up seatbelt checkpoints either. I thought that was very helpful in getting people to realize how important it is to wear one, but apparently people just don't want to take the time to stop for a few sec.
            How does a seatbelt checkpoint get people to realize how important it is to wear a seatbelt? Flying through their windshield and hitting their head on the trunk of another vehicle "MIGHT" do it

If they realize anything it is that if they don't wear their seatbelt, they might get a ticket. People don't slow down when they see a cop because they think speed kills

Not saying I disagree with seatbelt laws, I wear mine every day and my kids freak out if I start to pull out of the garage without mine on.

It was silly if my understanding of the truck thing is correct.
            Wasn't it because farmers were in and out of their trucks so much that they didn't want the hassle of having to put it on, take it off, put it back on, etc. ?

I am just being a smart ***...as usual so don't take this as an attack

Comment

Thank God the legislature is stepping in to protect us from ourselves again. I wonder how long before helmet laws are revisited.

Yes, I wear a seatbelt or helmet, as appropriate. I don't see where it's the state legislature's business one way or the other though.
              I miss you, Dave.
              http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

It's called NHTSA $$$$ brother. That's why it's their business.

Comment

Originally posted by CruiserClass View Post
                  Thank God the legislature is stepping in to protect us from ourselves again.
                  I agree With you CruiserClass I don't know how long I would survive without all these laws to tell me what is good and bad for me. Which reminds me When is indiana going to get with the program of transfat that NY is on?? We just got a smoking ban here first of the year! Now lets ban all fat!!!
                  Originally posted by Smurfette_76
                  You will always be disappointed when you expect rational behavior from irrational people.
                  "I always carry a pen in my but, because you never know when things are going to crack off."
                  Unnamed inmate VCJ

Comment

Since when are agencies not allowed to do seatbelt checkpoint? Not disagreeing, I am just unaware. A date would be nice. I do believe an agency I live by did one not to long ago. Hmm..

As far as the helmet law....god I hope not. I wear my seatbelt everytime I am in the car, but I never wear my helmet when I ride...Why? I can see more when I do not wear my helmet. Laugh and make fun all you want...but I cannot stand wearing my helmet. If I get in an accident and die...then I guess it was my time. I have seen 2 bad motorcycle accident first hand and have seen that if those people didn't wear helmets, they probably wouldn't be alive today...it's just personal preference
                    Your mom...

Comment

i think july 1st about the seatbelt stop i may be wrong ....

Comment

Originally posted by Christyle View Post
                        Since when are agencies not allowed to do seatbelt checkpoint? Not disagreeing, I am just unaware. A date would be nice. I do believe an agency I live by did one not to long ago. Hmm..

As far as the helmet law....god I hope not. I wear my seatbelt everytime I am in the car, but I never wear my helmet when I ride...Why? I can see more when I do not wear my helmet. Laugh and make fun all you want...but I cannot stand wearing my helmet. If I get in an accident and die...then I guess it was my time. I have seen 2 bad motorcycle accident first hand and have seen that if those people didn't wear helmets, they probably wouldn't be alive today...it's just personal preference
                        I heard the no helmet law was pushed by those who complained that requiring a helmet would cut down on the number of organ donors. Not trying to be an a(* just what I heard.
                        Im pretty much amazing. Just ask anyone about me, im kinda a big deal. I have many leather bound books and my house smells rich of mahogany.

Comment

Originally posted by adamdavid1974 View Post
                          i think july 1st about the seatbelt stop i may be wrong ....
                          Really? because the agency I work with is doing seatbelt checkpoints as we speak. Not saying you are wrong, I just think it's weird. I asked the officer in charge of OPO and seatbelt checks and he said that there wasn't any law about no more seatbelt checkpoints.
                          Your mom...

Comment

Here's what it says in the new bill regarding seat belt check points to go into effect as of July 1, 2007:

SECTION 8. IC 9-19-10-3.1 IS ADDED TO THE INDIANA CODE AS A NEW SECTION TO READ AS FOLLOWS [EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2007]: Sec. 3.1. (a) Except as provided in subsection (b), a vehicle may be stopped to determine compliance with this chapter. However, a vehicle, the contents of a vehicle, the driver of a vehicle, or a passenger in a vehicle may not be inspected, searched, or

detained solely because of a violation of this chapter.
                            (b) A law enforcement agency may not use a safety belt checkpoint to detect and issue a citation for a person's failure to comply with this chapter

Comment

Originally posted by pc2761 View Post
                              I heard the no helmet law was pushed by those who complained that requiring a helmet would cut down on the number of organ donors. Not trying to be an a(* just what I heard.
                              Indiana does have a helmet law. Anyone under 18 and anyone driving with a motorcycle learners permit must wear and helmet.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4793 users online. 289 members and 4504 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X