Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "RANT" Thread...so no one gets mad!

Originally posted by forensiccop
    You're comment didn't get me heated at all. I could really care less. I don't believe there are Troopers and there are cops I believe they are all the same. I would like to know however, what you mean by I comment on things I have no clue about. Yes your post was not your words, but I wouldn't call them facts either, just someone's opinion. Everyone is always going to have something to say about ISP becasuse they've always been portrayed as the elite, best, greatest, whatever Law enforcement agency. Yeah, they're good,but no better or no worse than any other law enforcment agency in this state or this country for that matter. In my eyes all LE officers are equal no matter what department.
    You just proved my point. "There are troops and there are cops. I believe they are all the same." This is a very naive statement from someone that does not know what they're talking about, especially in the law enforcement community.

And how is what this Sgt. told me not facts?? He's been a part of ISP recruit schools for the past 10 of his 15 years. So I'm pretty sure he knows what he's talking about.
    Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Originally posted by towncop View Post
    You just proved my point. "There are troops and there are cops. I believe they are all the same." This is a very naive statement from someone that does not know what they're talking about, especially in the law enforcement community.

And how is what this Sgt. told me not facts?? He's been a part of ISP recruit schools for the past 10 of his 15 years. So I'm pretty sure he knows what he's talking about.
    What do you mean it's a very naive statement and why do you have to be so insulting? So I guess from the way I read what you're saying that ISP openly states they brainwash their recruits.

Comment

Originally posted by forensiccop View Post
      What do you mean it's a very naive statement and why do you have to be so insulting? So I guess from the way I read what you're saying that ISP openly states they brainwash their recruits.
      As with most of Indiana's cops (myself included), the majority of ISP officers are country cops.

I have to second what Towncop said. My chief (previous PD) is a retired ISP 1SG and he said the same thing. Moreover, I have seen it with my own eyes. It does happen. ISP won’t admit it but some of the veteran officers willing talk about it.
      Last edited by Ten Six; 05-03-2007, 06:13 PM.

Comment

We have a rant thread now????? YAY!
        Your mom...

Comment

Originally posted by Ten Six View Post
          As with most of Indiana's cops (myself included), the majority of ISP officers are country cops.

Please forgive me, but I don't fully understand this statement.

I have to second what Towncop said. My chief (previous PD) is a retired ISP 1SG and he said the same thing. Moreover, I have seen it with my own eyes. It does happen. ISP won’t admit it but some of the veteran officers willing talk about it.
          I agree that their are some people that are probably easily influenced there, but I don't believe they all come out believing they are the elite. I can say that from what my husband has told me they have never led them to believe that they are the best of the best or maybe my husband just isn't that easily influenced.

Comment

The elite? ISP? Come on now, you're from Indiana, how "elite" can a corn field get?

Just gotta mess with you guys on the other side of the border a bit!

Comment

Originally posted by forensiccop View Post

Your statement is naive because for the most part in this state, there are COPS and there are TROOPERS. Very much NOT one in the same. I've been on calls with a troop before and a victim started to talk to them, "Officer, this is what" and the troop cut them off. "It's Trooper ma'am, I'm not an officer." I almost laughed my butt off on that one. I got the look after that too. Any other officer ever heard THAT one??

But like I said, I wanted to be one. But not with the "admin" games they're playing. And I'm not being so insulting, just giving you facts. And yes, some troops do openly say they "try" the brainwash game.

I think 10-6's comment about ISP for the most part being country cops boils down to them working by themselves, just like most of us, in small town's/rural counties.
              Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Originally posted by towncop View Post
                Your statement is naive because for the most part in this state, there are COPS and there are TROOPERS. Very much NOT one in the same. I've been on calls with a troop before and a victim started to talk to them, "Officer, this is what" and the troop cut them off. "It's Trooper ma'am, I'm not an officer." I almost laughed my butt off on that one. I got the look after that too. Any other officer ever heard THAT one??

But like I said, I wanted to be one. But not with the "admin" games they're playing. And I'm not being so insulting, just giving you facts. And yes, some troops do openly say they "try" the brainwash game.

I think 10-6's comment about ISP for the most part being country cops boils down to them working by themselves, just like most of us, in small town's/rural counties.
                I guess I don't think of my statement as naive, I know it's contrary to what alot of others think, but o'well. I know their are some "Troopers" out there that let it me known that's what they are and not "officers". I guess there's a few in every bunch. I understand you being ticked, I would be to. I at least hope you were able to some sort of answers about that. I understand Ten six's comment and I agree with that.

Comment

Rant thread

OH BABY, A RANT THREAD. I'm so excited right now I can hardly take it. I must leave now, regroup, and come back with my first rant..OH BABY!!!
                  Im pretty much amazing. Just ask anyone about me, im kinda a big deal. I have many leather bound books and my house smells rich of mahogany.

Comment

Originally posted by aftermath View Post
                    The elite? ISP? Come on now, you're from Indiana, how "elite" can a corn field get?

Just gotta mess with you guys on the other side of the border a bit!

Well, Indiana was the home of Orville Redenbacher.

Comment

Wow! You all need to relax a little. This is like the old grade school "my dad can beat up your dad" debate. Cops (yes, even Troopers) are cops. Troopers, Deputys, and Local PDs all have the same powers and authority. My arrests/tickets are just as valid as a Troopers.

Comment

Rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant:-D

Comment

Originally posted by indypig View Post
                          Wow! You all need to relax a little. This is like the old grade school "my dad can beat up your dad" debate. Cops (yes, even Troopers) are cops. Troopers, Deputys, and Local PDs all have the same powers and authority. My arrests/tickets are just as valid as a Troopers.
                          No body is uptight. Read up and then jump in.

Comment

Originally posted by indypig View Post
                            Not true. A trooper cannot come into city limits and enforce a city ordinance. Honestly i think all officers are out there for the same purpose, just doing it in different jurisdictions, and different uniforms.
                            Im pretty much amazing. Just ask anyone about me, im kinda a big deal. I have many leather bound books and my house smells rich of mahogany.

Comment

This is going to be a very good and funny thread!!!!!
                              sigpic
                              "I can do ALL things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Philippians 4:13 (KJV)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5104 users online. 288 members and 4816 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X