300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MECA Live

I stumbled across this today and it is very interesting.

I obviously don't have a way to see how accurate it is, but it refreshes every couple minutes and seems to only be off by a few minutes. I am curious to know how it is updated if anybody has any info that would be great.

Check it out!!

http://www2.indystar.com/images/grap...ing/data/meca/

to bad it doesnt show the narrative or what cars are assinged to the run
    Rest in Peace I.P.D.

Comment

What in the world...I don't agree with this.
      Your mom...

Comment

Originally posted by Christyle View Post
        What in the world...I don't agree with this.
        What do you mean you don't agree with it?
        Rest in Peace I.P.D.

Comment

Have to agree with christy on this. Something like this that can show you where units are located, or who's in response to a call, etc just reaks of problems. Too much info put out there in my opinion.

Comment

Simply stated.....I don't agree with this. What part are you confused about?
            Your mom...

Comment

If you check..... it seems like every run is not shown.

Certain things are not listed such as traffic stops, what cars are on what runs, or how many.

I can see the concern but I think it interesting info.

I don't think bad guys could really benefit from this unless they were cruising around with a laptop and a verizon card

Even then I don't see what good it would do them other than knowing where not to go. They can get more real time data from a scanner in my opinion.

Comment

Hey Jeep, interesting find, seems a little boring without radio traffic, but then again, all I'd have to do is turn on my issued radio and listen:-D

Comment

Originally posted by 3Charles501 View Post
                  Hey Jeep, interesting find, seems a little boring without radio traffic, but then again, all I'd have to do is turn on my issued radio and listen:-D
                  Hell, I don't turn mine on while on duty.

Comment

Originally posted by Ten Six View Post
                    Hell, I don't turn mine on while on duty.
                    Now that's funny!! Sometimes I forget to turn mine on when I go to the can!! (while on duty of course)
                    Last edited by Familyman; 05-03-2007, 11:35 PM. Reason: add on
                    sigpic
                    "I can do ALL things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Philippians 4:13 (KJV)

Comment

hahahahahahahahaha, good one ten six!!!

Comment

I think its pretty cool.
                        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I think this is an awesome idea.

Comment

Originally posted by 3Charles501 View Post
                            I think this is an awesome idea.
                            It would be very nice to have this in the cars I find it odd that IPD officers have to cut and paste an address from a run, into an awful map, and then figure out how to get to that location. Sitting here at my desk I can get turn by turn directions to any location in the city, and even see the pattern the person cuts their grass in

I know alot of guys get their own GPS receivers and install mapping software, but you would think the dept would invest in something like that for their officers You get put on a run and instantly your laptop starts calculating the directions and reading them out to you. Then officers can concentrate on driving. Response times would go down, and you would have more time to be proactive.

Comment

Wow their MDC's are setup totally different than how our departments are. That's really interesting. I would love to see how IMPD's MDC's and their software work. Which I know some departments are different, it just makes for some interesting comparisons.
                              Your mom...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2708 users online. 134 members and 2574 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X