300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Certified Instructors

Any officers here on the board currently a certified instructor thinking about becoming, or already a Master Instructor? If you have researched it and got some good info on the program, let me know. I'd like to know more about it and look into making that my next career goal. Many thanks.
    Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Originally posted by towncop
    Any officers here on the board currently a certified instructor thinking about becoming, or already a Master Instructor? If you have researched it and got some good info on the program, let me know. I'd like to know more about it and look into making that my next career goal. Many thanks.
    I am an instructor.

Comment

Same here. Been certified about a year. Any info on the Master program? I see that ILEA has started a "Senior Instructor" program that is designed to be a bridge between "instructor" and "master." Looking at taking this 2 part class.
      Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

Comment

I don;t know any infor but several people in our field trianing unit and academy are master insructors. I'm looking to get out of training. Eleven years is enough for me.

Comment

"those who can, do; those who can't, teach".

What area you thinking of master instructing?
          And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”- Romans 8:28

Comment

Originally posted by OffDuty

Interesting choice of words. What about those that teach those who do how to do?

Comment

Originally posted by OffDuty

I'm going to take your first comment as either 1.) A joke or 2.) Your lack of experience as a police officer.

I'm also going to say that you were not a police officer that was trained under Lt's. Randy Davis, Bruce Baker, or the late Gary Dudley with the Indiana State Police. Those guys were teachers AND they could DO. You really can tell a difference between the officers (Basics) under those guys and today's officers that are not.

For the longest time I used that line a lot-- until I became an instructor. It's a different ball game when you're in front of a group of rookie or seasoned officers and putting on a class, not matter what the subject is. You truely have to know what you're teaching and talking about or your audience will see right through you and know you're full of Bull Poo.

And to answer your question, from what I've been told, I don't think the Master Instructor program works like that.

Originally posted by Ten Six
              Interesting choice of words. What about those that teach those who do how to do?
              What's that sound I hear? Oh yeah, it's the hammer hitting the nail on the head. As usual, per Ten Six.
              Last edited by towncop; 04-23-2007, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Master Instructor

I'm a Use of Force Instructor Trainer and member of International Law Enforcement Educator Trainer Association www.ileeta.org

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4327 users online. 290 members and 4037 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X