300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Castleton Apartments

Does anyone know anything about this complex? Specifically how good of a neighborhood it is. These apartments are located next to the Lowes in Castleton. I drove through the complex yesterday and didnt see anything that would tip me off to it being a bad neighboorhood to live.
    Thanks. Fordfreak

Originally posted by Fordfreak
    Does anyone know anything about this complex? Specifically how good of a neighborhood it is. These apartments are located next to the Lowes in Castleton. I drove through the complex yesterday and didnt see anything that would tip me off to it being a bad neighboorhood to live.
    Thanks. Fordfreak
    Fordfreak,

While I'm sure that you would be able to obtain specifics about the crime rate from Metro, I have a brother-in-law who lives there in the townhomes. I'll just say that it's less expensive than some places for a reason. The main negatives thus far are that the buildings are old, and that reflects in a lot of areas. The woodwork is worn down, the stairs squeak badly, the ceiling is uneven and patchy, the carpet is worn down. Mainly, though it's cosmetic items.

One semi-serious thing is that when we had the foot of snow or so around Valentine's Day this year, the parking and streets were pretty much unplowed. They all had to shovel their cars out of the spaces that they were in, then fight for a space when they returned because in all likelihood someone had stolen theirs and not shoveled out their own. The spaces that did not have cars did not get plowed or shoveled at all.

Bottom line: Would I live there if I were single/had a girlfriend or live-in? Yes. Would I live there with my family? No. Is it crime-ridden and dangerous? Not really. Is every neighbor going to be Ned Flanders? No.

The pictures at www.rent.com are fairly accurate, but obviously no picture gives you a true feeling for the living space. Pictures 8-14 are accurate for the townhomes with a lake view.

PM me if you have any other questions, and welcome to the doughnut.

Comment

I wouldn't live there. There is a lot of DRUG DEALING going on there.
      People do not lack strength, they lack will-Victor Hugo

Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other one thing-Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I have worked at the dental office right across the street for more than 8yrs. We see alot of patients who live there. I agree with Puman. ok for you, but NOT if you have a family.

Comment

www.apartmentratings.com

A great website!
          Your mom...

Comment

Originally posted by Christyle
            www.apartmentratings.com

A great website!
            better yet....I did the work for you...

http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate...partments.html

Be sure to read every comment, some can be quite comical!
            Your mom...

Comment

Well I guess that answers my question!!!
              I dont think I will be moving there.
              Fordfreak

Comment

I used to date a girl that lived there and she ended up moving out for her safety. One day both of the the upstairs apts were entered through an attic and burglarized. That same night I was over there and IMPD kicked in the door next to hers on a warrant. I would not suggest moving there. I am sure it was an abnormal day, but I wouldnt take the chance.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5968 users online. 356 members and 5612 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X