300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipshewana PD

Well - I put in my resume w/ them and got a call today from the Marshall and Corporal for a small TX interview. Found out that I made the cut to the top 6.

So just wondering what anyone might know about this little PD in Northern Indiana that they could tell me. Obviously I know the town expoldes with people through out the summer. Any other info that could give some insight into the department?

Thanks
    There is no greater love - than that of a man - that will give his life for another.

If God carried a gun - it would be a 1911

Don't run into a horse and buggy and watch out for the drunk horses crossing lanes.

Comment

I knew some officers who worked for lagrange county. Everything I've heard of shipshewana other than be a very small dpt, is that it does stay relatively quiet. I head they also pay very well for being a small dpt, but looking at the tax base, that city was designed with one thing in mind which is too make money. Good luck
      Im pretty much amazing. Just ask anyone about me, im kinda a big deal. I have many leather bound books and my house smells rich of mahogany.

Comment

Thanks guys. Appreciate the info.

I figured it would stay quite most the time other than the peak season. Should be interesting to see what happens. I know they have had some issues keeping the last few officers they have hired over the last few years. I didn't figure it to be a pay issue - rather a "just getting started" issue and moving on to bigger and better (more action).

Its a third shift spot that they are filling, which works great for me. I am really hoping this works out, as the location is perfect for me and my other situations I would have to deal with if I were to take a job out of state.

Thanks for the well wish's!
        There is no greater love - than that of a man - that will give his life for another.

Comment

I grew up in LaGrange. I dispatched for them for almost 7 years. Shipshe would be what you make of it. The town marshall is actually a really nice guy. He's very cool. If you have any questions you can PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Chappy76
            If you have any questions you can PM me.
            Clear some space there Chappy and I will send you this PM. Your Box is full!

Thank you sir.

Comment

Okay, I cleaned it out. Fire away. I'll be away for awhile so it'll be later tonight before I can get back with you.

Comment

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Not much going on in LaGrange county, I know. Shipshewana has an assload of traffic in the summer, so getting around is difficult. Prob accident investigations as a result.

I dont know anyone who works in the area, but from having been there thats probably pretty typical of the smaller departments in the area. I know I would be bored.
                And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”- Romans 8:28

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4621 users online. 258 members and 4363 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X