300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psych test fubar!

I am with a local sheriff's department as a reserve and recently we all just got our psych tests done. I have taken this before, it was the standard MMPI, so I knew what to expect. Mine went as expected but the next week I found out from 4 of our guys that they had problems with theirs. After they filled out the 4,000 bubble questions and filled in the complete the sentence part they went in for the sit down with one of the resident mind shrinkers. That is where their's got interesting. Apparently they had used the wrong answer sheet to score their tests so their answers appeard messed up! So the shrink kept asking them "why do you get your feelings hurt easily?" and "when did you start to hate your family?" etc. One of the guys just thought they were messing with him so he kept telling the guy that isn't what he put and tried to remain calm through almost an hour of this. Another guy, an attorney, did the same thing until the shrink asked him a question that was not on his test and he told him so. The shrink argued with him and then the attorney made a good enough case that they pulled his test and discovered he was right, he took one version and they had used another to score it! A third guy spent almost 6 hours at the test site, and any of you that have taken that test for an Indiana department may have a good idea where it is, because he refused to leave the office until they figured out his problem. Needless to say our major got a call from the test site and was explained the problem and assured everything would be fine. I just can't help wonder how often this happens and how may candidates across the state were denied possible jobs because this place screwed up their test. I mean, out of almost 20 of our guys they messed up 20%! And they were on different days too so it isn't like they just had a bad day or anything! Thoughts, comments??

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2921 users online. 181 members and 2740 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X