Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anderson PD Takes Care of Business

Police Shooting
    I love this quote: "I'm just wondering why they couldn't have had the Taser out first. Don't they have Tasers nowadays?" said one of the friends, April Rhodes. "He didn't shoot at them. He couldn't, because he just had a knife."

The articles continues, Another friend, Mark Akin, said he thinks excessive force was used, but he said the knife did have the appearance of a gun.

"If you had never seen a knife like that, you could say, 'Hey, that looks like a gun,'" Akin said.

Idiots.

Even though it's a little outdated, they should be made to watch this edged weapons video I saw not only as a police explorer, but in MP school, corrections training and once at role call training. Gave me the creeps, I vowed after seeing that, if I encountered someone with a knife and had time to draw my weapon and fire, I would. A suspect with a knife in a close quarters situation scares me more then a dumbass with a gun.

People should get their heads out of their a** and realize this is not TV, situations don't slow down and show multiple camera angles for everyone to see what's really going on. We don't get retakes, and we can't yell "CUT" if we don't like what happened the first time.

These cops made a split second decision and took a life. A decision I hope they DO NOT REGRET! These men did their job, followed their training and responded when challenged. As is the case an overwhelming majority of the time, the suspect made the fatal flaw, not the cops.

To the Anderson officers if you read this, I'm glad you made it home to your loved ones after a stressful night on the job!!!

Comment

X2
      Those comments in the article are BS.

Comment

OH GOOD LORD! The girl who made that comment looked like she was strung out on something. She looks like she has a sore on her upper lip, probably from her crack pipe. Typical. I love people like that, I really do. How irritating!!!! Of course, like most of the time, the police are made out to be the bad guys. Even if they did use the tazer, I am sure the same people would still be complaining that they used "excessive force." Idiots....

I applaud the Anderson officers. You get a big "Right on!" from me
        Your mom...

Comment

Sorry crackheads (relatives of the dead suspect), but if it's me or a suspect going home at the end of the night, it's going to be me, simple as that.

Don't they have tasers?!?!? I can tell you exactly what would have happened in this case if a taser would have been used instead. Suspect gets tased and dies. Family is outraged over the use of the taser. "Why didn't they just tackle him?? WHY? WHY?"

I have no remorse for anyone, ANYONE, that puts an officer in a position to use deadly force.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't LEO's trained to treat any gun or something that resembles a gun to be real AND loaded??

Comment

Originally posted by SW Indiana
            Sorry crackheads (relatives of the dead suspect), but if it's me or a suspect going home at the end of the night, it's going to be me, simple as that.

Don't they have tasers?!?!? I can tell you exactly what would have happened in this case if a taser would have been used instead. Suspect gets tased and dies. Family is outraged over the use of the taser. "Why didn't they just tackle him?? WHY? WHY?"

I have no remorse for anyone, ANYONE, that puts an officer in a position to use deadly force.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't LEO's trained to treat any gun or something that resembles a gun to be real AND loaded??
            Totally agree and with the cell phone guns and knife guns out today one wouldn't know if it's just a knife so they have to do whatever it takes to protect themselves and other's around. Good job Anderson officers!!!!!!

Comment

The way I read this the PD is behind the officer on this one. Sounds like he did the right thing and I sure hope he doesn't get hung out to dry on this one. To all officers always make it home safe!!
              Originally posted by Smurfette_76
              You will always be disappointed when you expect rational behavior from irrational people.
              "I always carry a pen in my but, because you never know when things are going to crack off."
              Unnamed inmate VCJ

Comment

Sad that a jerk with a knife put an officer in the position of having to shoot him.

Glad the knife wielding jerk did not get to hurt anyone.

Comment

What kind of knife looks like a gun? That is obviously a stupid thing for a person to have around. It also seems pretty irresponsible to manufacture such a thing.
                  Last edited by PUman00; 04-13-2007, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Whether or not the knife looked like a gun is irrelevant. A knife is a lethal weapon. Anyone wielding a knife at a cop is asking to get shot. Stun guns/Tasers were never intended to be a viable option during a deadly force engagement.

Comment

Oh yes, of course. I don't in any way question that aspect of it Ten Six. I appreciate the escalation of force and the basis behind the officer's actions.

While it's obvious to everyone here the ramifications for such an escalation on the part of the suspect, I am exploring the insides of that guy's brain and trying to figure out what, beyond the obvious, he could have been thinking in his actions. Also, from an education standpoint, I would like to do my best to fully understand the situation with which the officers were faced.
                      Last edited by PUman00; 04-13-2007, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I see your point. I was a little peeved with the news article. The media printed the friends’ ignorant comments but did a poor job of addressing the use-of-force issue. Some will read that article and presume the police acted inappropriately.

Comment

I can see your perspective on that, too. I am not an LEO, but I AM smart enough to read it and understand that it sounds very much like a clear cut case.

It's not a good situation either way, but I guess that someone from a perspective other than Law Enforcement had to have been included in a story. It is just disappointing that the only perspective they could find to include was that of a person who does not seem to have a full grasp of common sense. Whether that's the fault of the reporter or not, I don't know that I can judge. Maybe no one else was around who wanted to, or could offer a comment on that situation.

In the end, I know that I can benefit from figuring out the details of the whole situation.

Comment

Love that tag line - Man killed by Officer had knife, not gun.

Who honestly gives a crap. A weapon pulled on an officer results in getting shot. End of story. Be it a knife, 2x4, broken bottle, whatever. You attack an officer with an object, after being commanded to drop said object, you deserve to get shot. Good job to the Anderson police, people even in Illinois support your choice!

Comment

It's because of idiots manufacturing weapons like these that people get killed by just pulling a so called knife or even trying to make a call. I can't believe these are allowed to even be sold. SCARY!!!!!!!!!

http://cellular.co.za/phones/gunphone/gun-phone.htm

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/g...one-219363.php

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5905 users online. 347 members and 5558 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X