300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carmel P.D. Letters sent out

Just got the letter for Carmel PD, looks like the written test is on May 5th at 8am then after that they are having the agility test.

20.00 bucks cash to take the test Here we go again paying for the test

Physical Test consists of:

1.5 mile run in 16min 28 seconds
    300 meter run in 71 seconds
    29 sit ups in 1 min
    25 push ups
    16in vertical jump

Here is where it gets interesting
    Load 10 rounds of ammo into Glock 40 mag clip within 2 min
    15 trigger pulls in each hand with Glock 22 Semi-auto handgun with 5lb trigger pull

I guess Carmel is serious huh......Thoughts .....Thoughts...

I'll be there. Loading the ammo and pulling the trigger is cake. Someone can't do that, they have no business IN this business, lol.
    Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

I agree with you on that towncop....

I will not be there I have given up on the PD Career at the moment I will have special deputy powers with my new job that is good enough for me.

I was just posting to help everyone else out here on the forum. Good luck to all

Comment

Cool. I wasn't busting your chops, I was just throwing my 2 pennies out there on the table. Good luck in whatever you decide upon boeingleo.
        Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

Comment

Well I haven't gotten my letter yet from them so hopefully it's just because I"m in Michigan and I shall get it soon. Hopefully and unfortunately it won't matter since that is the same date as the ISP Physical Agility Test. If I don't get invited through ISP I will definitely be there for Carmel. Good luck to all of you taking it.

Comment

Hey Mi Guy they also include a list of hotels in the packet if you need it

Comment

Well, just went out and got my Carmel letter out of the mailbox. It appears that I will NOT be attending the testing, nor any future testing with this agency. I had no idea that they had a policy against visible tattoos while on duty. They should really post that on their website. What a crock. Oh well!!

Comment

No Tattoos! Lame....I didnt apply, good thing!
                Your mom...

Comment

I applied. but havent received a letter from them yet. Maybe tomorrow.

Comment

20 bucks to take the ILEA standard test (*yawn*), then TWO MINUTES(!?!?!) to load 10 rounds, then dry fire a weapon. How is that "where it gets interesting"?

The most interesting thing is the 20 buck fee-. maybe thats just to see who is serious about wanting the job.

South Bend also has a no visible tattoos policy in place now too. I'd hate to have to wear long sleeves all year long.
                    And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”- Romans 8:28

Comment

Tattoo policies are one of the most ignorant things I've seen come into LE over last few years of my career. Stupid!

Comment

If you guys think $20 is a lot for a test you should come over to Ohio. Last year a department gave a test that cost $125. Usual range is $25 to $40. Still waiting on my letter from Carmel also. Good luck to everyone taking the test.

Comment

An officer with tatoos showing lowers his/her professionalism. I don't under stand how a department wanting their officers to look the most professional possible is silly.
                          Rest in Peace I.P.D.

Comment

Originally posted by towncop
                            Well, just went out and got my Carmel letter out of the mailbox. It appears that I will NOT be attending the testing, nor any future testing with this agency. I had no idea that they had a policy against visible tattoos while on duty. They should really post that on their website. What a crock. Oh well!!
                            And the reply to that is? It's Carmel...

Comment

Originally posted by operator48
                              An officer with tatoos showing lowers his/her professionalism. I don't under stand how a department wanting their officers to look the most professional possible is silly.
                              Sure, it lowers my professionalism or my ability to do my job. Riiiight. My tattoos have MORE OFTEN THEN NOT gotten me in tight with some of the rougher crowds while investigating cases. They see my ink, start talking and BAM, I'm in.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2812 users online. 156 members and 2656 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X