X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Move Over or Slow Down!

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...=2007704110507

Link will expire in a week or so here's the text:

"Indiana State Police hope a series of billboards showing a trooper's crushed cruiser will remind drivers to "Move Over or Slow Down" when they pass officers and highway workers.

The billboards, revealed Tuesday, are intended to remind all drivers of the importance of safe driving, State Police Superintendent Paul Whitesell said in a written statement.
    "All motorists who see flashing lights on emergency and highway construction vehicles, including firetrucks, ambulances and tow trucks, are reminded to move to an adjacent traffic lane away from the emergency vehicle," Whitesell said. "If it is not possible to move over, then drivers should reduce their speed as they pass by."

The signs depict Sgt. Rich Kelly's squad car after it was crushed between two semitrailer trucks while the trooper was sitting along I-65 in Clinton County in September. Kelly survived and has returned to duty.

The billboards will be posted throughout the state. In Indianapolis, the signs will be on the Southside at I-465 and Ind. 37 and on the Eastside at 21st Street near Shadeland Avenue.

Sgt. Ray Poole, a State Police spokesman, said Lamar Advertising donated billboard space, and a federal grant helped to pay for the advertising."

Horrific pictures of Sgt Kelly's car:
    http://www.snopes.com/photos/accident/kelly.asp

um...WOW! I do not see how someone can live through that. That is unbelievable!

But ya, most people dont even get over nor do they slow down. Really ticks me off. The BMV should make that a mandatory question on all drivers test. Hmm..
    Your mom...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4827 users online. 293 members and 4534 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X