300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coyotes?

Is it legal to shoot Coyotes? There was one in my back yard yesterday. Just so happens that there was an article on CNN.com on a Coyote attacking a boy in his back yard. I have 2 kids at home and was just looking for some advice.

Indiana does allow coyote hunting. They are hunted for their pelts. The law also allows you to destroy an animal that poses a threat to humans, pets and live stock. Your animal control, sheriff, DNR officers are well versed on those laws.
    Last edited by Ten Six; 04-10-2007, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lemmein71 View Post
      Is it legal to shoot Coyotes? There was one in my back yard yesterday. Just so happens that there was an article on CNN.com on a Coyote attacking a boy in his back yard. I have 2 kids at home and was just looking for some advice.
      Indiana does have a hunting season for coyotes, however as the post above they may be killed for the above reasons. They may also be hunted with the permission of a land owner "anytime". Kill all of them you can, there are way to many of them. I live in the country and I have had them in my yard hassling my German Shepard and Doberman. I think they try to get to their food. They have never made it though.
      "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6477 users online. 350 members and 6127 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X