300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silvlple View Post
    I know that ISP have a tattoo policy. Can someone clearfy how strict are they about tattoos? If you have tattoos on your forearm, will they accept the applicant? Or maybe wear long sleeves?
    Our policy has recently changed to allow tattoos that show below the short sleeve summer shirt. If hired you would have to wear long sleeve uniform shirt year round though. Obviously, neck and hand tattoos are still not allowed.

Comment

If you have tattoos on your arms you are eligible to apply. You will be required to wear a long sleeve department shirt year round if the tattoo goes pass our department issued short sleeve. You CANNOT have tattoos on your hands, neck, ear or face no exceptions. All tattoos on hands, neck, ears or face would have to be removed prior to application deadline.

Comment

Can any of the ISP staff explain policy, if it exists for commissions if you have rental property instead of owning a home? Is it required to be stored in a designated parking space, garage or in front of the home?

Also, could someone explain on average and I mean "ballpark" what Troopers could possibly earn base with the new salary increase and also the income potential with the overtime in the first year or two of patrol, particularly the tollway and Lowell district. Perhaps any current ISP troops on here may be able to directly answer this based on personal experience. Obviously, Indiana pales in comparison to local departments across the border in IL and their state police, however, with the OT available, I would like to know if the salary then becomes comparable and the availability of such OT... I'm sure that's a motivating factor for any non-residents that come from states of which have departments that make a lot more, particularly when you have Sergeants that earn a base of $90k+ at some local IL agencies and many six-figure line officers at some agencies. How does the state plan to attract and retain people, even in Indiana when IMPD, Hammond and other agencies pay more with similar perks (minus the statewide use of car)?

Comment

• ISP Recruiter
          ISP Recruiter commented
          Editing a comment
          There is no requirement to park your car in a garage or street.

Overtime potential depends on how much you want to work within a given pay period and when it is available. You could potentially make an extra $10,000+

Originally posted by VidaG View Post
        Can any of the ISP staff explain policy, if it exists for commissions if you have rental property instead of owning a home? Is it required to be stored in a designated parking space, garage or in front of the home?

Also, could someone explain on average and I mean "ballpark" what Troopers could possibly earn base with the new salary increase and also the income potential with the overtime in the first year or two of patrol, particularly the tollway and Lowell district. Perhaps any current ISP troops on here may be able to directly answer this based on personal experience. Obviously, Indiana pales in comparison to local departments across the border in IL and their state police, however, with the OT available, I would like to know if the salary then becomes comparable and the availability of such OT... I'm sure that's a motivating factor for any non-residents that come from states of which have departments that make a lot more, particularly when you have Sergeants that earn a base of $90k+ at some local IL agencies and many six-figure line officers at some agencies. How does the state plan to attract and retain people, even in Indiana when IMPD, Hammond and other agencies pay more with similar perks (minus the statewide use of car)?
        It costs far less to live in Indiana than Illinois. Property, state, local, and income taxes are considerably lower. Not to mention overall cost of living. I've lived in Illinois and northwest Indiana for most of my life, the only break being the field trip I call Army life. So I make six figures as a line officer. But I live and work in the Chicago metro area. My same standard of living in let's say Indianapolis (https://www.nerdwallet.com/cost-of-l...s-indianapolis) would cost around 75000 ish. Considerably less. But I would not be trying to have this standard of living in my first 1 or 2 years on the job.

NOW to the poster I will tell you what your problem and yes its a problem even though you do not even have the job. You are setting yourself up for a huge problem in life if you are relying on a steady stream of OT just to get by. Lots of coppers are in a bad way big time because the OT river has run dry.

If you want to make the six figures, go apply to Chicago, Joliet, Naperville, Elgin, Aurora, and Illinois State Troopers. You will make six figures at top out of those agencies just by showing up. How much public employees make is dependant upon where they are and the tax base that is supporting them.

In a passive aggressive way it seems as if you just tried to low key insult the Indiana State Police. And no one insults my brothers and sisters other than family. And it appears you ain't family. I'm sure ISP (both of them) have struggled no more than depts nationwide have to attract quality recruits. I'm done.
        Last edited by scotty_appleton814; 01-17-2018, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Just applied for isp, did some research and visited Indiana, and i feel ill like out there. Hopefully process goes smooth sailing and ill have thre opportunity to be there July 15. I'm originally from ohio, not sure how this is goingto work oot being out of state

Comment

How many people typically apply here?

Comment

Brought back an old thread, but I sent you a PM ISP Recruiter. Thanks.

Comment

Anyone know how hard the academy is ?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4374 users online. 274 members and 4100 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X