300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police and Fire Merger?!?!?

Hello, I am beginning to write my thesis for grad school. I wanted to keep my thesis law enforcement related since that is all I know. I wanted to keep away from the political bs with body cameras, use of force, etc.

I am going to research police and fire mergers for small towns from partial consolidation, functional consolidation, to full consolidation. It will save tax payer dollars, help with career burnout, and produce better "public safety officers". This may be controversial but it's catching on more and more and I want to research it.

So, are there any police/fire departments who have consolidated in Indiana? I haven't found any...

What are your thoughts on a potential merger of small town departments? (for example, 1-10 firefighters/1-10 police)

Damn man I'm in California, and I found one. Try looking up Public Safety Departments. Most that have a dual program are called such and are Public Safety Officers. California has 2 departments. I've read they do a 6 month rotation. Utah has paramedic officers/deputies. Some of the medical stuff I understand. It makes sense to better train and equipped those. I feel useless sometimes on scene doing cpr. But it is what it is.
    Whitestown Fire Department, Whitestown, Indiana - home page, news and information for the Whitestown Fire Department.
    I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

A couple of years ago the Lino Lakes (MN) cops took on the fire service responsibilities.

As firefighter numbers dwindle, Lino Lakes is joining other metro-area cities and suburbs in asking police officers to cross-train and multi-task

Comment

Originally posted by moparfan View Post
        Damn man I'm in California, and I found one. Try looking up Public Safety Departments. Most that have a dual program are called such and are Public Safety Officers. California has 2 departments. I've read they do a 6 month rotation. Utah has paramedic officers/deputies. Some of the medical stuff I understand. It makes sense to better train and equipped those. I feel useless sometimes on scene doing cpr. But it is what it is.
        Thanks for the input...Yeah, there are hundreds of departments who have merged. However, I am looking at Indiana specifically. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Jim1648 View Post
          A couple of years ago the Lino Lakes (MN) cops took on the fire service responsibilities.

http://www.startribune.com/lino-lake...s/285446801/#1
          Thanks! I hadn't seen this link yet.

Comment

I think Whitestown near Indianapolis is fire/police.

Comment

Guess someone didn't read the thread ^^^^^^^^^^
              I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4361 users online. 276 members and 4085 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X