300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fortville

Does anyone have any information on this department? I can't remember the ad if it said whether or not they are hiring or just building an eligibility list or looking to actively hire, salary, etc.

They called yesterday and left a voicemail saying that they will do a physical test on the 17th but I already have another test scheduled that day. So I want to see if it would be worth it to go here instead. Thanks.

It's a extremely small department northeast of Indianapolis. I doubt the pay is good but I may be wrong!

Comment

As stated already, Fortville is a small town, but the area will likely see some growth over the next couple of decades. The town had planned on annexing a large area west towards the town of McCordsville (a smaller town which has already seen some growth and will likely see more as well, likely more than Fortville). However, after some citizens complained, the annexation was scaled down last I recall. A handful of years back there was an article in the local paper. McCordsville and Fortville officials were discussing possibly combining some services as the towns are fairly close to each other. There was even talk of a merged police department in the future. The pay is likely low, but for a starting point, might not be a bad job. It will definitely open up possibilities with other police agencies down the road, and it will get someone starting in the 77 PERF pension.
      Last edited by Dwntwn317; 01-10-2020, 04:43 AM.

Comment

I'd steer clear of Fortville. Even though we all know our jobs are very political, Fortville is on the higher level. The town also isn't going to grow anytime soon. Besides stopping the same people over and over again for driving 5 miles over the speed limit, you'll be hard pressed to find much to do. Look at Greenfield, IMPD, or many of the other departments where you can actually grow in your career.

Comment

From what I understand they are hiring to fill 1 position. I currently work for another department in the county. They usually only have 1 person on the road at a time as does McCordsville so they usually go on calls together if its anything significant. Besides traffic/OWI's there really isn't a whole lot that goes on out there.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4369 users online. 256 members and 4113 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X