300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greencastle Police Department

The Winter 2014-2015 hiring process for the Greencastle Police Department has now ended.

Please see the new posting (02/27/2015) for the Spring 2015 process.
    Last edited by bluediamonds; 02-27-2015, 01:37 PM. Reason: Process has now closed...

Thanks for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by bluediamonds View Post
      The Greencastle Police Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Full Time Police Officer. Applicants must be at least 21 years of age and possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent. Applications and job descriptions may be picked up at Greencastle City Hall c/o Sue Kass, 1 North Locust Street Greencastle, Indiana 46135. Applications must be turned in to City Hall no later than 4:00pm on Friday, December 19, 2014.
      Can we get the application online? Is it the general employment application?

Any idea on salary? Thanks

Comment

There is a link on their website that says "Job Application" but when you click it you get a 404 error.

Comment

The city website is currently under maintenance.
          Contact Deputy Clerk Treasurer Sue Kass by phone at (765)653-4878 ext.3
          Police Department officials indicate they believe she can email you the application packet.

Entry-level compensation package includes:
          Salary: $33,423.00
          Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
          Uniform allowance
          Take-home car program

Hope this helps. Feel free to PM me if you have any further questions.

Comment

All I get is a garbled message when I try to call that number, can't understand what they are saying.

I'll try calling the number on the website.

Thanks

Comment

How long does the hiring process take and how are they on taking out of state laterals? Are LEO's in Indiana still allowed to live one county out?

Comment

If you are still experiencing difficulty accessing the info, your contact person is Police Chief Tom Sutherlin. He may be reached via email at [email protected]

Indiana does accept laterals, though there is an abbreviated academy that must be completed. Check out the Indiana Law Enforcement Academy website for info on this. www.ilea.in.gov

As for the Greencastle Police Department hiring, it is overall a pretty short hiring process, typically a couple months or so. Written test and physical agility are conducted on the same day (We are looking at one of the 1st Saturdays in January 2015). There is then an extensive background check. This can take a couple weeks (or more), depending on the number of candidates. After these background checks are all in, candidates are scheduled for a Board of Captains interview. The board (along with the Chief of Police) will make their recommendations. The final step in the interview process is the City Board of Works interview. The board then makes their selection.

Approved candidates are then provided a conditional employment offer, contingent upon successfully passing PERF testing. Hope this helps...

Comment

bluediamonds, thanks for the info. I was able to obtain an application.

Any idea how many they are looking to hire from this process?

Comment

Looking at hiring two (2) right away. Several folks going out on retirement. Its a young department now, average age around 30-34. Its a good department with a lot of good things happening on the horizon. Training opportunities are a plus.

Comment

Originally posted by bluediamonds View Post
                      Looking at hiring two (2) right away. Several folks going out on retirement. Its a young department now, average age around 30-34. Its a good department with a lot of good things happening on the horizon. Training opportunities are a plus.
                      Thanks again for the information! Just mailed my application packet this morning, should get there tomorrow.

Comment

Good luck to all that applied. I didn't know about this until it was too late, and I live very close!

Comment

I was afraid they were going to schedule the testing on the same day as Zionsville's testing, and they did (10th)

Now I have a decision to make.

Comment

Greencastle PD process went well today, with a very good applicant pool. Thanks to all that have expressed interest. A number of applicants passed written & physical agility testing and will continue on in the process.

One thing I'd like to share...I can't emphasize enough the importance of preparation for the testing process. In speaking with other local/regional department officials, the written examination seems to be the biggest obstacle for most entry-level folks. A surprising number of candidates are lost during this phase. I would encourage those seeking to get the proverbial foot in the door to brush up on their basic Applied Mathematics, English/Spelling & Composition skills. Take the time to research the National Police Officer Selection Test (POST) study materials that can be found online. The Indiana Department of Workforce Development has identified Law Enforcement/Public Safety as an emerging field that will have several job openings within the next few years. Some great opportunities are out there, but you have to be able to pass the examinations to claim them. Best of luck to all of you...Stay Safe!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4987 users online. 264 members and 4723 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X