300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mishawaka Police Department Hiring

Good evening. I just wanted to spread the work that the City of Mishawaka is hiring right now and there is a testing coming up sometime late November (TBD) If you were interested in applying, I would do it ASAP. Mishawaka has 105 officers and the pay is really good. PM me if you have any questions. Below is information about the department and testing. The application is available on their website. I believe the deadline is for apps is Wednesday, October 29th, so there is a quick turn around time. Thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Mishawaka Police Department The City of Mishawaka, Indiana is looking for qualified candidates to establish a police department hiring eligibility list. Mishawaka is located 90 miles east of Chicago and is one of the major commercial hubs in north central Indiana. BusinessWeek Magazine rated Mishawaka a “Best Place to Raise Your Kids” location in 2010. Mishawaka has a current population of around 48,000 residents. The Mishawaka Police Department currently has 105 full-time officers.

Take Home Car: Take home car program after successful completion of one year as a probationary officer.

Salary: A police applicant is hired as a Recruit receiving a salary of $41,347 while attending the 15-week basic session at the Indiana Law Enforcement Academy. Soon after graduating from the Academy, the Recruit is sworn-in as a Probationary Patrol Officer starting at $47,320 per year for the first year. Probationary officers receive a promotion to Patrol Officer after first year at the 2014 salary of $52,033. Patrol Officers receive a promotion to Corporal after the third year – 2014 Salary of $54,033

Residency: Officer must establish residency of St. Joseph County Indiana or surrounding Indiana County (with authorization from the Chief of Police) by the time of swearing in (After 15 week police academy.)

Applicants must achieve their 21st birthday by date of employment, but must not have reached their 35th birthday before the date of appointment

Applicants must have a current automobile driver’s or chauffeur’s license Applicants must successfully complete a written and physical examination, oral and background investigations as well as a medical evaluation before appointment as a Mishawaka Police Officer

Vacations: Employees shall be entitled to paid vacation as follows: One (1) year but less than two (2) years - 1 week paid vacation Two (2) years but less than five (5) – 2 weeks paid vacation Five (5) years but less than ten (10) years - 3 weeks paid vacation Ten (10) years but less than fifteen (15) years - 4 weeks paid vacation Fifteen (15) years but less than twenty (20) years - 5 weeks paid vacation Twenty (20) years and more - 6 weeks paid vacation

Sick Leave: Paid sick days per year. Overtime: Overtime earned will be reimbursed to the police officer either in money or compensatory time off from duty at the rate of one and one-half (1 1/2) times the actual overtime earned by the officer.

Specialty Bonus: There are certain assignments that require training, knowledge, and initiative above and beyond what is normally expected of the employees.

Clothing Allowance: $2050.00 per year clothing and equipment allowance after first year. When a new officer is hired, the City will furnish the officer with a complete clothing issue and all equipment necessary to perform the job. After the completion of one year's service, the officer shall be entitled to a clothing allowance for the maintenance and replacement of uniform and equipment. This allowance is paid in two equal installments per year.

Insurance: A number of different insurance plans covering hospitalization, dental and visual are available through the City of Mishawaka. Pension: Any full-time police officer hired after May 1, 1977, must participate in the Indiana Public Employee's Retirement Fund created in 1977 and administered by the State of Indiana. Each employee must contribute 6% of a first-class patrolman's salary. If the officer terminates prior to twenty (20) years of service, except for death or disability, contributions plus interest will be refunded. The City of Mishawaka is an equal opportunity employer.

There is an administrative $25 dollar application fee due before testing

APPLICATION DEADLINE IS Wednesday October 29th 5:00pm

(LINK TO APPLICATION) http://www.mishawaka.in.gov/sites/de...pplication.pdf
    MAIL ALL APPLICATIONS AND INFORMATION TO Human Resources Department 600 East Third Street Mishawaka, IN 46544

When is the written test?

Comment

The date is still being confirmed but it looks like it may be on November 19th, unknown time.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. My wife's best friend lives up there. Went to nearby Elkhart to test for their PD a couple weeks ago.

EDIT: Any chance the written test and PFT will be on the same date?
        Almost a 3 hour drive for me.
        Last edited by Big Bad Brad; 10-16-2014, 12:19 PM.

Comment

It looks like they are planning on doing the written and the physical test on the same day. It looks like the the test will be someday the week of November 14th, but the actual day is still being confirmed. As long as the applications are postmarked by the 29th, you should be good if you live out of the area. Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by uediver View Post
            It looks like they are planning on doing the written and the physical test on the same day. It looks like the the test will be someday the week of November 14th, but the actual day is still being confirmed. As long as the applications are postmarked by the 29th, you should be good if you live out of the area. Hope that helps.
            Very helpful, thank you!

Comment

If mailing the app should we attach a check?

Didn't see any way of paying on their website.

Comment

Originally posted by Bman4130 View Post
                If mailing the app should we attach a check?

Didn't see any way of paying on their website.
                I was planning on just mailing a check with my application packet. Unless uediver tells me different.

Comment

Is the department sharing how many spots they are looking to fill?

Comment

I hope the testing doesn't fall on the same day as Columbus PD's testing (November 15th). Mailed my application packet Monday with a cashier's check for $25.

Comment

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you guys. As long as you sent the check with the app you should be good. If not, just contact Mishawaka HR for further instructions.

The testing will be November 19th starting at 0830. The physical test will follow after the written. Location in Mishawaka TBD. It looks like we are definitely going to hire a few from this process.

Hope that helps and again sorry for the delay.

Comment

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you guys. As long as you sent the check with the app you should be good. If not, just contact Mishawaka HR for further instructions.

The testing will be November 19th starting at 0830. The physical test will follow after the written. Location in Mishawaka TBD. It looks like we are definitely going to hire a few from this process.

Hope that helps and again sorry for the delay.
                        This helps quite a bit, thank you for the heads up on the testing time!

Comment

Anyone have information about the written exam? I've never tested before in Indiana so I'm not sure what to expect.

Comment

Originally posted by Raymondsj View Post
                            Anyone have information about the written exam? I've never tested before in Indiana so I'm not sure what to expect.
                            Probably just some kind of standard policy entry aptitude exam. Only thing I'm not looking forward to is the drive up from Indy tomorrow morning Just read Mishawaka is getting another 5-8 inches of snow this evening. Should be an interesting trek.

Comment

I will be heading out tonight and getting a hotel for that reason.
                              Last edited by Raymondsj; 11-18-2014, 09:44 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2971 users online. 177 members and 2794 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X