X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gunnersmate323
    Forum Member
    • May 2013

Indy Fountain Square?

Well got a fed job in Indy and looks like we will be moving up shortly. My Wife has fallen in love with the fountain square area I know its an up and coming artist neighborhood, but is it safe enough to feel comfortable to leave the wife and kids home while I travel or work nights? what are some good neighborhoods to look at? other areas good schools, affordable? any input will be great!
  • halfacop
    Forum Member
    • May 2005

There are some areas in the Fountain Square area that are very nice indeed. You'll just have to put boots on the ground to make sure they are what you want. You also can't go wrong with Southport / Beech Grove area (South Side of Indy) though every area is gonna have its pro's and con's.

I live in the Avon area (Straight West of Indy) and Wayne Township Schools. My wife teaches for Wayne TWP. and its a decent school district IMO - but then again - anything other than IPS is gonna rate positive in the area.

I've heard good things about Franklin Township (South East) and the schools there as well. Stay the hell out of North East Indy for sure, it has nothing to offer in the positive column IMO.

Working with my old agency (DPS) we were required to live in the city confines - so I didn't have a choice. If I could have I would have moved out of the city in a heart beat. We were looking at the Acton / Wannmaker area (SE). Now that I switched agency's - we are moving ASAP to get out of the city. 4 years ago when we moved here there were the occasional calls (shootings, etc) by me but recently those calls have gone up in the city and are not confined to NE district like they were as much.

It's all going to come down to what your looking for in a neighborhood, geographic location, schools, etc. There are certainly some nice places near and around downtown - I just prefer not to sleep where I **** if given the choice..
    There is no greater love - than that of a man - that will give his life for another.

If God carried a gun - it would be a 1911

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 21081 users online. 61 members and 21020 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...