Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• License to Carry?

Hey Guys,

I just got sworn in yesterday. My gun permit expires next month... Whats the protocol for being a reserve police officer and carrying? Do I need to renew my license to carry?

Don't you think it would be wise to ask whoever runs the reserve program at your department if they want you carrying when you are not working and under what conditions/authority?

Comment

Per Indiana law, you can carry on your badge and not need your LTCH. However, if you get suspended you will need to have your LTCH to carry. Your department may restrict your off-duty carry (cannot imagine why) and while you are still legal to carry on your badge, you would be violating your department policy and having your LTCH would be a way around that.

Comment

I'd say renew. I have on several occasions grabbed my off-duty weapon as I went out the door only to remember I didn't grab my badge along with it. If you have your CHL with you, you're covered.
        Officer Jay McGuire, Minneapolis Park Police EOW 5/14/2009 age 11
        Among Texas' finest
        Deputy Andy Taylor, Llano County SO EOW 5/9/2005
        Senior Deputy Jessica Laura Hollis, Travis County SO EOW 9/18/2014
        Darren H. Goforth, Harris County SO EOW 8/28/2015

Comment

Originally posted by chapwolfe View Post
          I'd say renew. I have on several occasions grabbed my off-duty weapon as I went out the door only to remember I didn't grab my badge along with it. If you have your CHL with you, you're covered.
          In Indiana "carrying on your badge" is just a figure of speech. You don't actually have to have your badge in your possession.
          I miss you, Dave.
          http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6096 users online. 316 members and 5780 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X