300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7K Garcia cycle-Officers Beware

Recently a department that I heard about went to a 12 hour work schedule, their administrators told them how great it is, that they could have off every other week end, they were also told if they didn't go to it, the administrators would put them on a more harsh schedule. They were advised they would have a vote. The administration failed to mention or would not mention their cruel plans. Once the officers agreed to work to schedule under an illusion, their true intentions emerged. Now the officers have to work more without proper compensation. If your curious, as I was then google 7K Garcia cycle. Once I read this online, I would not want to go to this ridiculous schedule or any other like it unless I was paid for my time. If your agency plans to go to this lucrative schedule avoid it or pay the price.

Originally posted by IN_Cop_7982 View Post
    If your curious, as I was then google 7K Garcia cycle. Once I read this online, I would not want to go to this ridiculous schedule or any other like it unless I was paid for my time. If your agency plans to go to this lucrative schedule avoid it or pay the price.
    I read the article. Everything in it is true, and has been for some time now. All an entity has to do is declare their pay period a seven day pay period (Sun-Sat) and that the work hours are 40/hrs a week and anything over that up to three hours a week won't be overtime but straight pay/comp under FLSA rules.
    Last edited by Dwntwn317; 01-10-2020, 04:45 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3065 users online. 198 members and 2867 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X